Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Welcome back, Snow.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wes
Didn't know it was that big of deal. I mean, I'm not one to dog my vehicle, Just trying to be safe

As for the (!) and the Terra Grapplers. The (!) is on because my tire pressure drops when it's cold out. I hadn't had the opportunity to bump up to 35psi yet. I like to run at 32psi, but with the cold the Jeep doesn't like it. As for the Nitto's, so far so good. But as you can see, this isn't much snow so will have to wait on the real test I suppose.

You're fine as long as you're driving straight or only slightly turning. Just a good idea to push it into 2wd when taking a turn and the road isn't slick. I did that alot last winter.. would use 4wd to take off from stop lights etc, but shift into 2wd when turning unless I could tell it was slick.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wes
No salt+curvy hilly back road = Better safe then sorry. And honestly, do I really need an excuse to put it in 4wd?
Looks like it was a freezing rain that hit first from that first picture. I know on some hills around here if I don't use 4wd my rear starts to slide.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm from up north (Buffalo, NY) but down here near Wes now. It is amazing how slippery these roads are without salt like we had up north. The roads are also in much better shape and are slick (not eroded, pock marked) like you guys see.

I actually spun the Jeep around doing a u-turn in light rain down here this summer. Last winter I had to use the 4wd and pick up all my coworkers since they drive hi performance cars in just a little snow.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

We had about an inch or so here on Saturday night... all gone now of course... but the ice still stuck around... bad thing is my Harley is at a buddies garage, across town and I have yet to get it! lol!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Snow is awesume, It was supposed to snow here but got nothing.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Wish we'd get about 3 feet of snow here in TX. That's be fun to see how everyone drives
Old 10-29-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
Wish we'd get about 3 feet of snow here in TX. That's be fun to see how everyone drives
They would probably shut everything down if there was going to be even an inch of snow down there.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

Hey Wes, saw the earlier post about your tire pressure deal, and wanted to chime in. I had the same thing happen to me last week in N.C. fishing, and remembered a trick that I did on my 08 GMC crew cab 4x4. The tire dealer told me to try filling them with Nitrogen, so I did, and havent had that problem since. I took the JK up there and had them done as well, and so far so good. It only costs about $30.00 for all five, so I think its worth not having to deal with it. Tim.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Geography Lession

Originally Posted by Littlejon
In NC you need four wheel drive for that?

You could never make it up north
Have you ever been to Boone, NC. It's in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Get a map!! They got more hills then Iowa!

Old 10-29-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, there's nothing like the High Country of NC. Spend every summer in Boone and there's a lot of roads that will get hairy in the snow.
And the back roads will get even worse (or better)! Great place to be.

Quick Reply: Welcome back, Snow.