Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Weather tech floor mats

Old 11-06-2008, 06:50 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brian_crystal
I have had the MOPAR slush mats for over a year now and have had no problem with them wearing through...in fact I couldn't be happier with them. Now, I am in GA right now so I can't tell you how they hold slush but sand and mud are no problems.

check the driver's side one, right under your gas pedal heal imprint. Mine looks fine from the top, but it is all broken apart if you flip it over to examine it.

time for something different, i wont be buying those again, they lasted barely over a year.

the passenger side one looks brand new.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto Mr. Curmudgeon - (driver side mat looked good till I cleaned them and found a hole on the bottom where the driver's heal rests). I have the Weathertech floormats and they fit very well. I am very happy with these mats and highly recommend them.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Perhaps except the MOPAR mats wear through in a couple of months
Did you own a set or just read that. I have only found one person that actually did and that person said it was due to his boot.

Your gonna find a lot of hearsay compared to factual info. Think "presidential race".

The mopar mats are superior to all except maybe the weather tech. But at the weathertech price Mopar Slush mats win hands down.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:01 PM
JK Junkie

I guess Im the only one who likes the Husky Liner mats.
But I have kids who spill stuff often, and they hold a ton without letting it spill over onto your floor. (cokes, milk, mud, sand, leaves, slush, whatever)

I love the perfect fit and the diamond plate design.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
I guess Im the only one who likes the Husky Liner mats.
But I have kids who spill stuff often, and they hold a ton without letting it spill over onto your floor. (cokes, milk, mud, sand, leaves, slush, whatever)

I love the perfect fit and the diamond plate design.
Husky's are good stuff and they are the more afordable than WT. But the one thing I DONT like is the diamond plate look.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by putnam dan
I have a set right here, right now with a large hole right where my heel rests. Not hearsay at all my friend I found this mat to be of really low quality - the tread pattern actually promotes wear at the ridges.

Thats the second time today someone has asked me a stupid question the first was the hospital telling me that they didn't have my wife, needless to say I found her on the ward.
Could it be that the mats you have were of bad quality. There are many that love them like myself. From other mats I have had these have the best fit and finish and they work great.

I am just stating my positive opinion for the Mopars. It may not work for all but I stand by them.

I am not going to say they are better then ALL mats but they do have their place. Dont get KNTR started though he will down right fight to stand by his position on Weathertech. Just messing with you KNTR but you do get defensive when it comes to floor mats.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Husky fan here
Old 11-08-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

I agree the Husky liners are great. Ditto on the kids spill. They hold everything in really well, and if you get the urge to clean them up, they always go back to looking like new.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:09 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Did you own a set or just read that. I have only found one person that actually did and that person said it was due to his boot.

Your gonna find a lot of hearsay compared to factual info. Think "presidential race".

The mopar mats are superior to all except maybe the weather tech. But at the weathertech price Mopar Slush mats win hands down.

yup, i own a set too, so that makes three for your record book now, and i never ran for president.

apparently dan & I have some weird mongoloid desease that gives s huge heavy feet and... nevermind.

I like the way the Mopar's look and the way they fit, I really like the old & new tread pattern on them, but not how long they lasted. for the amount of life i got out of them before they started leaking, they are NOT worth it.
I noticed the hole in mine at the end of last winter, i didn't bother getting new ones over the summer as I dint get a lot of slop in it in then, but now that you have brought this back up, i need to get something BESIDES another set of mats that only lasted me about 14 months.

I don't know what i am going to get, but i am with the above poster of not liking the diamond tread pattern. they are a bit slippery in a friends jeep, and i don't need anyone wiping out one leg in,one leg out of the jeep because they slid on the mat getting in or out, that one I'll give to my Mopar mats, they have good grip and don't budge. but they leak like a colander.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 11-09-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
yup, i own a set too, so that makes three for your record book now, and i never ran for president.

apparently dan & I have some weird mongoloid desease that gives s huge heavy feet and... nevermind.

I like the way the Mopar's look and the way they fit, I really like the old & new tread pattern on them, but not how long they lasted. for the amount of life i got out of them before they started leaking, they are NOT worth it.
I noticed the hole in mine at the end of last winter, i didn't bother getting new ones over the summer as I dint get a lot of slop in it in then, but now that you have brought this back up, i need to get something BESIDES another set of mats that only lasted me about 14 months.

I don't know what i am going to get, but i am with the above poster of not liking the diamond tread pattern. they are a bit slippery in a friends jeep, and i don't need anyone wiping out one leg in,one leg out of the jeep because they slid on the mat getting in or out, that one I'll give to my Mopar mats, they have good grip and don't budge. but they leak like a colander.
I was the above poster who said the diamond tread on the Huskys was not to my liking.

Quick Reply: Weather tech floor mats