Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

waterproofing!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default waterproofing!

today i stripped the interior getting it ready to be line-x'd.
while every thing was exposed i figured i would do a little preventative maintenance.
i went through every electrical connection, took them apart, applied dielectric grease to the terminals and re-connected them.
next on the list is to spray rtust check on all of the structural steel under the console that is completely rusted already. why would chrysler not make these parts out of aluminum or galvanized steel seeing that they will continue to rust under the console and cannot be maintained?

should be able to enter water up to my door sills without any worries about rust/corrosion now
Old 09-25-2010, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rock on. I did that to the connectors under the hood when I installed my snorkel. I didn't even think about the interior. I guess that will be the next project.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you spraying it yourself or having it done?
Old 09-26-2010, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by drafter20
Are you spraying it yourself or having it done?
local line-x dealer is doing the sanding,cleaning,spraying....$500.00 small price for lifetime of protection

Quick Reply: waterproofing!