Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

wanted to park on top of it.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by EXTREMEG
but then thought about the tread lightly programs...

those smart cars sure are small.
Those are totally practical. You put it in the back, and iff you roll the jeep you pull it out and drive home.... WOL has two in his 4d. Him and his "spares"
Old 12-31-2008, 01:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i saw one of those little bastards double parked once, i thought about going over, picking it up and putting it in the right spot...

but the good thing about those cars is that when they break or get in an accident you just find the closest dumpster and throw it away
Old 12-31-2008, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

wonder how many clowns will come out of it
Old 12-31-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
Still wouldn't drive it

That reminds me a lot of a sami that one of our locals is building.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Super Freak

From my other vehicle side: the Mini Moke

"A limited production of 600 dual-engined Mokes still failed to win over the British army, as the main failing was lack of ground clearance and this dogged all versions of the Mini Moke. The twinni-Moke with 1696cc had great acceleration and hill climbing and a 1-in-2 gradient being perfectly feasible driving terrain for the light weight vehicle. With two gear sticks the twinni-moke was, at best, "fun" to drive, however later experiments in 4x4 used the traditional single engine in 1966."

I've seen pictures of classic Mini round nose sedans and trucks on Panda and Samari 4x4 frames.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thefrohn
lol they only get like 32 mpg anyways, that's about average for a modern car
Thats because we are stuck with the POS gasoline version. The euro ones with diesels get mid 50's.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

People sure as hell don't look smart driving them!! Not too smart now that the gas prices have come down either (even though they will more than likely go back up). I guess the good thing is that you can be smart and put it away in a closet until the prices go up again?
Old 01-01-2009, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lowspeedchase
haha I second that motion... they don't call 'em one accident cars for nothing.

Funny thing is, they are probably a hell of a lot safer than any Jeep in production. Don't believe me? Look it up.

I've driven them a couple of times and they are pretty fun. Not the fastest things in the world but definately a unique ride. Way more spacious than it looks from the outside.

To us Americans they might look a little odd and funny to look at, but in Europe they have been driving small cars like these for a very long time. They have a different outlook on transportation when compared with ours.

Watch this video of an older Smart car head on crash test against a MB S Class and you'll be surprised at the results...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02eghIfyHP0
Old 01-02-2009, 03:20 AM
JK Jedi

Not into the Smart car. Warranty is weak by modern standards, and the MPG really isn't too impressive considering all of the other sacrfices.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Not very Smart car.

Quick Reply: wanted to park on top of it.