Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Volant snorkel arrived check out the install

Old 05-18-2009, 09:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 05-18-2009, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well thanks to (renegadelt1) I will get it done this week/weekend matters how work goes. I called them twice left a message I am just so sick of the whole thing. ARB looks cool too. I cant comment of wind noise cause I cant get it to sit up there even standing still without it falling off haha. It was hard enough getting the pic. I picked the volant cause I used to be a loyal customer. I had one on my tj and my other car and untill this I was very pleased. Just boggles my mind with how expensive this thing is should come in a oak box with all the parts! I also wanted this one cause I can get the dual battery setup.

Last edited by Robar; 05-19-2009 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Edited blacklisted manufacturer
Old 05-18-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattymat04
Well thanks to (renegadelt1) I will get it done this week/weekend matters how work goes. I called them twice left a message I am just so sick of the whole thing. ARB looks cool too I thought about that one. I picked the volant cause I used to be a good customer. I had one on my tj and my other car and untill this I was very pleased. Just boggles my mind with how expensive this thing is should come in a oak box with all the parts!
Matt they havent called you back about the missing parts? that sucks, and the people on this forum rock glad you were able to get the parts you need. How much was the hole thing?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

well I at least I just got an email returned. I am just missing the hardware kit. I had no idea lol (sarcasm)!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats that snorkel like that sound like when you go 90 down the freeway? I never really got this whole snorkel thing though. Correct me if I'm wrong here but if this is for fording rivers wouldn't the water actually be up to the windows and coming inside before you actually needed this thing? The intake for the stock airbox is even with the top edge of grille which seems high enough, especially since the Jeep doesn't float as far as I know. Basically, this means you could safely drive in water up to the top of the fender flares with the stock setup. Much higher and the current is going to carry you away... pointless in my opinion....

Don't get me wrong, if you like it then more power to you...
Old 05-18-2009, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zylfrax791
Whats that snorkel like that sound like when you go 90 down the freeway? I never really got this whole snorkel thing though. Correct me if I'm wrong here but if this is for fording rivers wouldn't the water actually be up to the windows and coming inside before you actually needed this thing? The intake for the stock airbox is even with the top edge of grille which seems high enough, especially since the Jeep doesn't float as far as I know. Basically, this means you could safely drive in water up to the top of the fender flares with the stock setup. Much higher and the current is going to carry you away... pointless in my opinion....

jerseyjk07 hydrolocked his engine right there:

Old 05-19-2009, 03:14 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Zylfrax791

It's not just submerging that is of concern, but also water being splashed up and then ingested into the intake (even a stock box). If you follow Jeep's recommendations for water depth and going really slow this shouldn't happen though. Any deeper or faster and things may change.

A snorkle actually has value for getting a true cold air charge, and in dusty conditions (out West) you can get much cleaner air as well, which is my primary interest as I'm not much for mud/water.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:14 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by mattymat04
well I at least I just got an email returned. I am just missing the hardware kit. I had no idea lol (sarcasm)!
Sucks they are delaying your install, hope they make it right fast.

Quick Reply: Volant snorkel arrived check out the install