Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Volant snorkel arrived check out the install

Old 05-15-2009, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that stinks man. but mabey they can just ship u the parts that u need in a seperate box.

and quick ?, does that setup increase performance??
Old 05-15-2009, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

I guess i will know more monday. I donno about performance wont know till its installed I doubt any improvment but i could be wrong
Old 05-15-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

The guy that I bought my Volant CAI from went though the same thing no rubber fittings or clamps when he called I guess they sent him some extra parts that he sent to me with the CAI, If they get stupid on time getting them to you let me know I think I have extra of what you need (that’s if you decide to keep it) I would be raising hell seems they have a problem getting there s*** right As far as the hole in the bottom I don’t think there’s anything to fill it when I called all they said was it was to be left open
Old 05-15-2009, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blockrockin
i called volant they said they were waiting for parts(that is when they answered the phone).... guess they got tired of waiting for parts also and started shipping them
thats pretty sad because it really sounds like you are right

Originally Posted by renegadelt1
The guy that I bought my Volant CAI from went though the same thing no rubber fittings or clamps when he called I guess they sent him some extra parts that he sent to me with the CAI, If they get stupid on time getting them to you let me know I think I have extra of what you need (that’s if you decide to keep it) I would be raising hell seems they have a problem getting there s*** right As far as the hole in the bottom I don’t think there’s anything to fill it when I called all they said was it was to be left open
its crazy they send out more then one with the same parts missing, goes to really make you believe they did get tired of waiting for the parts and hearing from people for not shipping it yet.

are you really saying there is a big open hole in the bottom of the thing? how does the water stay OUT if you get stuck in water that is above that hole or even just driving thru water above it I hope they warranty you engine from hydrolock
Old 05-15-2009, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

yeah theres a hole in the bottom but im sure theres some form of cover has to be doesnt make sense otherwise Im sure they use the same housing snorkel and reg cai except for the lid to keep costs down thats how the tj version was.

Last edited by mattymat04; 05-15-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

The box is the same but if the hole is covered my CAI could fill with water if it would reach the top, there has to be some kind of drain but not a 2.5 inch one. I am not a hard core off roader I will avoid deep water when I can (I have had my days up to the top of the gauges in the swamps here in FL.)
mattymat04 I hope you don't mind the noise My CAI sounds like a wide open 454 with no air cleaner

You are hooked up I will get you the parts if they don't do it quick.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mikeyfl

i wonder how far it presses into the female part? ()
THATS WHAT SHE SAID.......sorry to steal the post but that had to be said

NOW, sucks that you waited so long and the parts were missing. I too would be curious to see completed pics of where and how it passes through the hood and if it makes a true water tight seal.

Good luck
Old 05-15-2009, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

Well unless somone beats me to it I will post alot of pics once it goes on. Thanks to (renegadelt1) it will get on one way or another by next weekend. Might not be water tight due to the bottom plug but it will be on there lol and the jeep is so damn loud as is I like it that way.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mattymat04
closed on fridays I emailed em I will call monday. I took off today just so I could do the install. They give a templet for the large hole but theres another 4 bolt holes that you have to drill in the hood . That might be a pita. I would say the hood pushes down on the cai box maybe an in. I cant really tell you cause its in the box in the garage till I can mount the cai box.

you didnt show those cant wait
Old 05-15-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can't wait for the finish install.

Quick Reply: Volant snorkel arrived check out the install