Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The vision has been achieved!!

Old 03-24-2013, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!!! Great job looks good
Old 03-24-2013, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Two quick questions for you, I noticed you have the Teraflex HD tire carrier. I recently added this to my jeep and I get a rattle noidse out of it, I can not figure out where it is coming from. Just wondering if you have had any rattles with yours?
Also when you were running the stock bumper with the bigger tires did you rub on the bumper?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rvzoo
Two quick questions for you, I noticed you have the Teraflex HD tire carrier. I recently added this to my jeep and I get a rattle noidse out of it, I can not figure out where it is coming from. Just wondering if you have had any rattles with yours?
Also when you were running the stock bumper with the bigger tires did you rub on the bumper?
I commented on that same scenario just the other day. I get a tiny rattle/shimmy when I'm traveling at a decent speed and hit a pothole, etc. Under normal driving conditions it's quiet. I took the spare off just yesterday trying to diagnose and everything seems tight. Now, when I slam the tailgate closed, there is a rattle from the tire but I believe it's just the huge difference in surface area between the mounted spare tire and the much smaller bracket. It's snug. So, I'm not really sure if everyone experiences this or something went wrong with the install. Either way, I'm gonna let it ride as I'm confident I'm not going to drop the spare somewhere.

As for the rub, I only rubbed on the factory air dam when at full turn. As such, I removed it. I never made contact with the stock number though when I added the 35s, just the air dam.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Copycat

I was laughing reading this thread. I really like your rig. In fact, I pretty much own it. Last year I did the Teraflex 2.5 inch coils lift with Teraflex front lower control arms and bilstein 5100's. Also got the 35 inch Toyo's just before winter. Also did the Teraflex hinged adjustable mount with the tires. We must be reading the same threads or hitting the same sales!! Ha. Did you change out your gears yet? I went with the Yukon 4.88 just after the tires.

Nice looking rig overall. Love the black and silver

JeepJeremy
Old 03-24-2013, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepJeremy
I was laughing reading this thread. I really like your rig. In fact, I pretty much own it. Last year I did the Teraflex 2.5 inch coils lift with Teraflex front lower control arms and bilstein 5100's. Also got the 35 inch Toyo's just before winter. Also did the Teraflex hinged adjustable mount with the tires. We must be reading the same threads or hitting the same sales!! Ha. Did you change out your gears yet? I went with the Yukon 4.88 just after the tires.

Nice looking rig overall. Love the black and silver

JeepJeremy
No gear change yet. I have 3.73s on the 11 motor. It's doable but not optimal. How drastic is the gear change once you made it in terms of performance? I'm still thinking I'd like to go up to 37s and 3.5 inch lift some day. I find myself wanting just a little more height. I know a great deal comes along with that though. Debating heavily going to a rock krawler 3.5 down the road. Not sure though.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BossHog
No gear change yet. I have 3.73s on the 11 motor. It's doable but not optimal. How drastic is the gear change once you made it in terms of performance? I'm still thinking I'd like to go up to 37s and 3.5 inch lift some day. I find myself wanting just a little more height. I know a great deal comes along with that though. Debating heavily going to a rock krawler 3.5 down the road. Not sure though.

Thanks for the kind words.
I went from 3.73 to 4.88 on my 2010. Saw a 2 mpg improvement until I started adding more weight. Performance-wise I can't tell b/c I've only done hwy driving (DD), but I'm headed to Moab mid-april. When my wife and I went last year, the only mods were diff covers and programmer. Excited to see what the lift/tires will do!! I'm happy with my 2.5 lift and 35's. Wife doesn't want to 'jump' any higher right now. Hoping she'll change her mind after Moab.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepJeremy

I went from 3.73 to 4.88 on my 2010. Saw a 2 mpg improvement until I started adding more weight. Performance-wise I can't tell b/c I've only done hwy driving (DD), but I'm headed to Moab mid-april. When my wife and I went last year, the only mods were diff covers and programmer. Excited to see what the lift/tires will do!! I'm happy with my 2.5 lift and 35's. Wife doesn't want to 'jump' any higher right now. Hoping she'll change her mind after Moab.
Good to know. Well have a blast in Moab and be sure to post up some pics.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

One more update pic with the new trek top on
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1214489243.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	439156  
Old 03-27-2013, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

Love the new look -

Quick Reply: The vision has been achieved!!