Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Vinyl wrapping the JK? (large pic warning)

Old 12-03-2009, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DO IT!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!!!...i love the FLAt look!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Right on I say. If you take your time and do a good job I think it will look great. The flat color is sick IMO. Looking forward to your finished result!
Old 12-03-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubicon_Fan
Why?
Originally Posted by awndray
Why not? Some people spend tens of thousands of dollars to personalize a $30,000 Jeep. What's a couple hundred on a $450,000 Porsche?
I was thinking it was kinda like sticking a smiley face sticker on the mona lisa.

Originally Posted by saltman
That's what people do that are rich enough to drive their expensive machines in the winter. It's very common.

People also wrap them to conceal the color when they go on street races. Pretty easy to locate the carrera gt in town. Easy to deny when it's the wrong the color and you slip up and they have you on film...

That really makes sense about the weather. Or if you want to drive the car but keep it perfect I guess.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah. camo lambo. why not? it's awd haha

h ttp://domhyde.wordpress.com/2008/08/18/theres-no-camo-like-snow-camo/
Old 12-03-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

where do you buy the vinyl, wouldnt mind some small peices
Old 12-03-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

two kids around my neighborhood had white M6s. both vinyled matted black. except one paid 2300 and one paid 700. and i have to say there is a big difference. i think its in the mm thickness of the sticker. personally i like the matte grey over the black. just got my bike helmet in a matte grey
Old 12-03-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Please let me know when you do it and how hard it was. I would love this and want it for my race car more than my jeep. However, If I ever get the paint too scratched up, I would not hesitate to do vinal in a minuet. However, I have gotten pretty good at painting as well.

Let us know how it goes, including pictures.

Jeff
Old 12-04-2009, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

I currently drive a black X Unlimited, and like many of yall think that the "Flat Look" looks siiiiick but would rather spend 2000 (since i cant do it myself) on other perfermance type mods.

However, what if I could get some quality Vinyl and apply it myself to certain panels to give a more custom look, the black seems to match up with the fenders and stock bumpers, trim, etc. So I could do the doors only or everything but the doors, etc....actually I have "dimples" on my sides (where the side mirrors bang into when the doors arent secured...I could do that whole strip panel across the hood... any thoughts? where can I get a few small sheets to try this out? looking only to spend like 100 bucks on the project..
Old 12-04-2009, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jkid,

Just make sure you thoroughly document the whole process... prep, application, finish work, temp, humidity, etc. Then, keep everyone posted after too. Good luck!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 05:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gutter21
I think it would look great............he says it will fade after 1 year in the sun if you use cheap stuff.
Maybe I should buy the cheap stuff on purpose so it will match my fading fenders

Quick Reply: Vinyl wrapping the JK? (large pic warning)