Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Vinyl wrapping the JK? (large pic warning)

Old 05-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BryGuy
You bought 50 yards of wrap for your parents Jeep without asking permission 1st
its not my parents lol its mine. But they paid for it so what they say, goes.

Just finished taking the black line off and replacing it with flat grey. post pics in a min.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKid
its not my parents lol its mine. But they paid for it so what they say, goes.

Just finished taking the black line off and replacing it with flat grey. post pics in a min.
This has been one loooong minute.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

lol it sure has. I just took the flat grey off yesterday... Didn't stay on like the black did. Must be the wrong vinyl...
Old 08-06-2010, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKid
lol it sure has. I just took the flat grey off yesterday... Didn't stay on like the black did. Must be the wrong vinyl...
Guess nuggy was right.

Just messin with ya. This is the first I have seen this thread (killin time at work). Are you gonna try some different vinyl? I think the matte gray would look awesome.

And for the record, that toilet was wicked pissah!!! Pun totally intended.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by SmokeShowin
Guess nuggy was right.

Just messin with ya. This is the first I have seen this thread (killin time at work). Are you gonna try some different vinyl? I think the matte gray would look awesome.

And for the record, that toilet was wicked pissah!!! Pun totally intended.
lol good goins.

Yeah I plan to get some vinyl of higher quality. Currently saving for a wedding, so that'll be in awhile. Hopefully someone else goes along and does it. I saw a guy had wrapped his jeep in carbon fiber vinyl, which looked sweet, but not my taste.

If I do go big and wrap it, I'll be sure to post it here.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Bump, Not to necro this thread but did anyone ever vinyl wrap their car? What was the approximate cost?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

I used to wrap vehicles for years, it's not as easy as it looks and is pricey. You need a thick enough vinyl that you can heat up to stretch and thin enough to work with. A thin vinyl will just tear and shrivel when heated. I do agree that it looks amazing when done, just Hell getting there.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:18 PM
JK Super Freak

I want to wrap mine matte black. Talked to a guy who does wrapping on cars and he told me that the Jeep would be hell to do because of all the details (hinges, etc) that might require removing and/or taking many things apart to do it right. He estimated a full day to do my JKU (not including hard top, of course). I asked for a quote but he ended-up not even quoting it.

I still did not give-up. Maybe one day may try to do myself. What a good quality brand of vinyl and specs to use?
Old 11-10-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have worked in the sign industry for several years. After numerous cars, trucks, Buses, garbage trucks etc I can say the the jk overall would not be that difficult. The hardest part is when you have more than 1 contour at a time to work with.(Like the front corners) I wrapped a TJ about a year ago & aside from removing the fenders no body pieces had to be taken off. Took about 5 hours with 1 person helping for about an hour
Old 11-15-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

I was looking at getting just my grille done in a matte black and was quoted around $230 by two different places. I just decided to order my own and try my hand a the project.

Quick Reply: Vinyl wrapping the JK? (large pic warning)