Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

VIDEO: Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit "Constrained" System Explanation

Old 08-27-2008, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
on road, it drives and feels great - i know, i have riden in a jk with it on. the only point of this video is to point out that it has very limited felx and according to RE, they wanted it that way. of course, this train of though goes completely against the train of though of what jeepers are looking for. if their thinking is correct, why bother disconnecting your swaybar links?

being that your just south of me, i hope you will join us on our runs.

Looking forward to it. I'm monitoring the regional board to see when the next run is.

Thanks,
Old 08-27-2008, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

My rig is just getting the last bit of adjustments (RE 4.5"), and now I feel like I made the wrong decision. Will it at least flex as much as stock?
Old 08-27-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And when i was a kid and I did something stupid.....

my typical response was

"I meant to do that!!"
Old 08-27-2008, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I must have missed the "very" limited flex part. I heard him say that it would bind a point thus limiting it. My brother in law and I both had RE long arm kits on our TJs and they flexed great. It may not flex like a Rock Krawler but saying it is very limited is a bit much.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bsolt
My rig is just getting the last bit of adjustments (RE 4.5"), and now I feel like I made the wrong decision. Will it at least flex as much as stock?
This is Gros Chien's JK

Old 08-27-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Ive got the RE 4.5 and I have really enjoyed the flex. It definitely flexs a whole lot better than stock(I'm not sure you can even compare the two) and rides better too. I'm running 35" KM2's at about 34psi and IMO this setup is perfect, I couldn't ask for more. It is a very complete kit with well built components and the whole kit works well together. Nice flex pic!

Last edited by NGINIER; 08-27-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Not to shabby
Old 08-27-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NGINIER
Ive got the RE 4.5 and I have really enjoyed the flex. It definitely flexs a whole lot better than stock(I'm not sure you can even compare the two) and rides better too. I'm running 35" KM2's at about 34psi and IMO this setup is perfect, I couldn't ask for more. It is a very complete kit with well built components and the whole kit works well together. Nice flex pic!

Got any pictures??
Old 08-27-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm very happy with mine, I also understand there's always something better out. I wheel mine a lot and have never been disappointed, I also took on-road performance into my initial purchase.

Here's a shot of mine, at the time I was running 37" KM2's and it would drop the tire completely below the body.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

INteresting......It gets good flex just not as good as normal LA's! Still not bad though.

Quick Reply: VIDEO: Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit "Constrained" System Explanation