Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

VIDEO: Project-JK Helicopter Shoot of Moby Dick

Old 08-24-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would rather have a power wagon instead of a jk personally.

............... And was that you running out of gas on the highway or did i see that wrong?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Junkie

^^ I remember that post when he ran out of gas on FB. Guess that was the same one Vid is really cool.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Eddie, great to see the aerial footage of Moby Dick. Looks like it was fun but they didn't have you go over any rocks
Old 08-25-2010, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Matador
Are they hiring???? They can expand up in Canada and I can drive my JK for a living!
+1 except they need to expand to the southEAST, ha. How good would that be? Driving a JK around all day!!

Awesome Vids also!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:55 AM
JK Junkie

if i was some kind of board member and saw this video because some people in the company where trying to sell me on the Jeep to use as a fleet vehicle, I would be like "SOLD" and i can i trade my BMW in for one?
Old 08-25-2010, 06:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice
Old 08-25-2010, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

As a Journeyman Lineman I thought it was great to see a few videos that involve 2 things that I enjoy very much, Jeeps and Powerlines. That was very cool eddie that Powerline Patrol Services contacted you and that you with Moby Dick were able to make those videos. I think that says alot about this forum
Old 08-25-2010, 09:05 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mskh20
Very cool! I noticed the use of the EVO trail table too, nice touch.
LOL!! good eye. it was cool how it worked out so well for them too

Originally Posted by Stuka
Awesome video! Very cool experience. Although, honestly I think I would choose a Raptor over a JK if I had to fly across the desert :P
yeah, i hear ya and i love raptor's too but in talking to them, the reality of things is that they wouldn't be flying across the desert as was the case in this video. more times than not, it's the washouts and deep ruts caused by erosion that stops them in their tracks and a vehicle with good articulation is what they would need to negotiate them. for the purposes of the video, speed was a more dramatic sell.

Originally Posted by Dutchboy101

Very cool video. This was like kindergarten level for your Jeep.
yeah, i was kinda hoping we could do some harder stuff while we were out there.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:06 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by voodoojk
i would rather have a power wagon instead of a jk personally.

............... And was that you running out of gas on the highway or did i see that wrong?
Originally Posted by fadeout
^^ I remember that post when he ran out of gas on FB. Guess that was the same one Vid is really cool.
what fadeout said and yes, it was the same one.

Originally Posted by GHes
Eddie, great to see the aerial footage of Moby Dick. Looks like it was fun but they didn't have you go over any rocks
actually, we did do a little rock crawling but, nothing significant and apparently, not interesting enough to add to the video.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:09 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
if i was some kind of board member and saw this video because some people in the company where trying to sell me on the Jeep to use as a fleet vehicle, I would be like "SOLD" and i can i trade my BMW in for one?
it's funny that you would say that as i've spoken to the owner of this company recently and was told that everyone who sees the video pretty much sees the jeep and nothing else.

Originally Posted by BIGBOB
As a Journeyman Lineman I thought it was great to see a few videos that involve 2 things that I enjoy very much, Jeeps and Powerlines. That was very cool eddie that Powerline Patrol Services contacted you and that you with Moby Dick were able to make those videos. I think that says alot about this forum
wow, it's cool to hear from someone like you on this thread. i've seen what you guys do first hand and it's some crazy scary stuff. i can see how it would be a real rush though.

Quick Reply: VIDEO: Project-JK Helicopter Shoot of Moby Dick