Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

VIDEO: Project-JK Helicopter Shoot of Moby Dick

Old 08-24-2010, 04:59 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up VIDEO: Project-JK Helicopter Shoot of Moby Dick

Back in May, I received an interesting email from the owner and general manager of a company called Powerline Patrol Services. Located in Gilbert, Arizona, this unique company specializes in high voltage asset inspections for utility companies and apparently, they were seriously looking into the options and possibilities of building a more capable patrol vehicle. As I would learn, most power line patrol vehicles today are built off of standard 3/4 ton trucks which have stiff suspension systems and have limited wheel travel. Unfortunately, these drawbacks significantly limit the patrol range of these vehicles to easy driving locations and, when the terrain gets too tough, the only other option available has been to employ the use of Helicopters. In the search for a better and more cost effective solution, Powerline Patrol Services came across a few of our YouTube videos and, as you can guess, that's when they contacted me.

Inspired by what they saw in our videos, Powerline Patrol Services decided that a new patrol vehicle based on the Jeep JK Wrangler might be the solution they've been looking for. Eager to test market this concept, they hired a production company to create a promotional video highlighting some of the unique services they offer and asked if we might be willing to bring out our JK so that they could film it traversing the rough power line roads and difficult right-of-ways that are commonly found in the Arizona desert. Happy to help out in any way that we could, we hammered out the details and made our out to Phoenix. To watch a short video that WOLette made of our adventures, simply click on the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrssm_B6TeQ When all was said and done, this is what the final product looked like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhOhXGcrhVI In addition to the primary promotional video that was made for Powerline Patrol Services, a fun secondary video was also made to highlight the Jeep JK Wrangler patrol vehicle (our Moby Dick) and this is what it looks like....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ky1yYkqaAs Powerline Patrol Services YouTube Channel

For more information about Powerline Patrol Services, please visit their website at:
www.powerlinepatrol.com

Powerline Patrol Videos were produced by The Reid Effect Production Studios

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-24-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool! I noticed the use of the EVO trail table too, nice touch.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:24 PM
JK Freak

Wow. This just re-affirms the professionalism and legitimacy of this forum.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome video! Very cool experience. Although, honestly I think I would choose a Raptor over a JK if I had to fly across the desert :P
Old 08-24-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

SICK!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the video inspired me to send my resume.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:47 PM
JK Super Freak

That is sick, great job.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

AWESOME videos!
Old 08-24-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Stuka
Awesome video! Very cool experience. Although, honestly I think I would choose a Raptor over a JK if I had to fly across the desert :P
Those things are sweet. I've seen 2 on the roads in Rhode Island already.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Are they hiring???? They can expand up in Canada and I can drive my JK for a living!

Quick Reply: VIDEO: Project-JK Helicopter Shoot of Moby Dick