Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Video: My "Man" Jeep JK/Hunting Highlights

Old 10-30-2010, 03:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it seemed like(in that video) you take way too many shots from bad angle - just hurting them where arrows just bounce of bone.........
Old 10-30-2010, 03:46 AM
JK Freak

nice video! your a better shot than I am.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

Default Think Twice.

I have hunted my whole life and I am in no way, shape or form anti-hunting. I think one thing all hunters will agree upon is that times have changed for hunters and not for the better. I do think you should think twice before you post a video if the video will help or hinder hunters maintain their rights to hunt. In that respect I think it is perfectly clear your video has the capability to do great harm for our rights as hunters.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by atuldo
it seemed like(in that video) you take way too many shots from bad angle - just hurting them where arrows just bounce of bone.........
Go to youtube and search TheFieldArcher (copy and paste) and you can watch the shots in slow motion. One deer ran 100 yards, the deer you are talking about, the arrow went through the shoulder blade and out the chest, only ran 40 yards. I wait for good shots, I am not out to wound animals, that is evident in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM5TA4j8MU
Old 10-30-2010, 08:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Im not against hunting or guns or anything (if your eating the meat), that being said, dumping a big pile of corn out and painting your face while waiting for a deer to come eat so you can shoot it just doesnt sound like my idea of a good time...maybe im missing something

I also agree with the others that the videos your posting are not helping the hunting cause
Old 10-30-2010, 09:12 PM
JK Super Freak

i get the whole hunting thing but
killing the squirrel - thats kinda uncool
Old 10-30-2010, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bubba_zenetti
Hmm, I guess if I had to eat rocky I could try it. Although I am sure it does NOT taste like chicken.

I got bad news for you guys. I have killed 100s of small furry and not so furry creatures in the name of population control. And I did not eat them.

I mean if we are going to take this animal rights thing one step further, none of us should squish bugs. They have a right to live too. Now dont none of you tell me you never squish bugs.

Ya know, I think I must have waxed at least 50 squirrels by the time I was 12 with my daisy pump action. And I grew up in San Francisco. And to top it off, I did it in Golden Gate park, and a police officer patrolling on a horse give us tips on how to aim better Boy times have changed.
That about covers it. I used to take out frogs with my bb gun, let alone the real stuff. Bye the way we have real full grown animals in North Dakota. Just saying, ya Bambi killing Southerners. That I am now.

Seriously, when I was in the army, some guy came in with a deer and I thought somebody glued antlers to a fawn.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

My bad
I posted without watching the video.

First off, Since when can an able bodied man use a crossbow? It's been years since I've hunted, but damn, only handicapped people could use them before. That, and baiting weren't allowed for obvious reasons. It's like a buddy of mine putting a box of dunk'n donuts under his treestand to shoot a bear. Really? That's hunting? Hunting is to hunt. That's just hanging out waiting to shoot something. Things have changed since I was a kid apparently. I have always been against treestands, but maybe I'm different. Squirrels get a .22 bye the way. Nothing else. My twisted cousins used to use a 10 gauge for prairie dogs. not a typo, 10 gauge. That is only for impact, not hunt. If you think it's a game, just say so. I remember having to eat the gizzard, (disgusting) just because I made the kill on the goose. Not a game but for subsistence. Just ask the pigs that got the .45 to the back of the head. No fun and games, just "you are walking food and you are going on my plate".
Maybe I'm just old.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think this whole thing is getting way out of hand. Like a previous jeeper put squirrels are far from being endangered so honestly it doesn't really hurt if one dies. Hell the same could be said for humans, since we are overpopulating the planet. Don't even try to say I'm saying that squirrels and humans are equal, I'm not.

Besides so many of y'all are complaining about shooting a wild animal how about you look into to tortures that the animals that are born and bread in captivity go through.

I agree with take what you kill but as long as you are not sitting out with a 50. cal shooting everything that moves then...... well you get my point.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

btw squirrels are tree rats and animals are delicious ....

Last edited by atuldo; 10-31-2010 at 01:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Video: My "Man" Jeep JK/Hunting Highlights