Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Video: My "Man" Jeep JK/Hunting Highlights

Old 10-29-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBEII
Lots of people eat squirrel. I don't see any reason to be so don on the guy. I'm sort of impressed he could hit one with a bow. I may be mistaken but in one shot he appeared to be using a small game tip not a broadhead used for deer. It was a little juvenile but it certainly doesn't merit all this hate.
Thanks buddy, they jump on you when you cross streams with your jeep too "oh my god, you put that on youtube, you are crossing a stream, you are why we are losing wheeling land!"... and you are right, small game head... you gotta get a few of them for some stew, usually add some other critters too... like rabbit and even quail have all been tossed in! Everyone is just so used to having people do their killing for them... they forget that some don't want traditions to die!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blackjkrubi
what I didn't like is you killing squirrels for no reasons and putting it on the Web. Do we really need to see this and give tree huggers more reasons to hate us hunters?

your video give all of us hunters a bad name and make us look like we are a bunch of hillbillies kiling just for fun...

only take what you need from nature, the squirrel wasn't stealing the corn it was just trying to survive...
Wow, I guess you never had small game for dinner! Try it some time Mr. Jump To Conclusions cause your a city boy!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeep'n
Wow, I guess you never had small game for dinner! Try it some time Mr. Jump To Conclusions cause your a city boy!

so because I live in a city I don't hunt, Mr. smart ass ??? I've been hunting for the last 30 years from small game, bears and moose in northern Ontario to caribous up in the arctic circle. I still think that this type of videos gives us a bad image. That's my opinion, just like an a**hole, everybody's got one, so chill out, don't get you panties in a bunch and have a

Cheers
Old 10-29-2010, 08:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you shot how many deer and I only see one on the rack on your Jeep?

Shooting animals you are not going to eat ain't cool.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:20 PM
JK Super Freak

I was a little shocked about the squirrel because I would never eat one. But hey, some people do.
I think that some people have become way too sensitive. The same people that complain about hunting have no problem eating meat. Probably the same people that complain about the oil companies but have no problem driving cars.
btw ... once you shot the squirrel I turned it off.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

idk about the crossbow.. point and shoot just less distance and accuracy than a gun. And sitting ontop of the bait pile is also kinda iffy..

Neat video, sure you're gonna get controversy about the squirrels, but a hunting video is a hunting video.. hopefully you cleaned those squirrels and tried to track those deer you actually hit. Some were pretty quick at dodging them though.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
So you shot how many deer and I only see one on the rack on your Jeep?.
I have the same question. How many did you shoot? I know different areas around the country let you get more than one deer, which is different for me since we can only get one, but it only showed one on your rack?
Also, can anyone use a crossbow during the bow hunt there? I don't care for the bow hunt, i do muzzleloader and rifle, but if i could use a crossbow i might reconsider.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:48 PM
JK Freak

Didn't watch the video but guess what??? A squirel is just a furry rat! Get over it! Last I checked they werent on the protected list, and the dude said he ate the furry rat anyway. Lets not get so PC!
Old 10-30-2010, 01:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bubba_zenetti
Hmm, I guess if I had to eat rocky I could try it. Although I am sure it does NOT taste like chicken.

I got bad news for you guys. I have killed 100s of small furry and not so furry creatures in the name of population control. And I did not eat them.

I mean if we are going to take this animal rights thing one step further, none of us should squish bugs. They have a right to live too. Now dont none of you tell me you never squish bugs.

Ya know, I think I must have waxed at least 50 squirrels by the time I was 12 with my daisy pump action. And I grew up in San Francisco. And to top it off, I did it in Golden Gate park, and a police officer patrolling on a horse give us tips on how to aim better Boy times have changed.
I like that about the bugs... EVERYBODY will squish a bug! and feel no remorse... Hey guys, I killed 17 deer so far this 2010 fall archery season. 13 with a bow and 4 with a crossbow. I got 1 buck (the limit) and there is no bag limit on doe. I also have donated deer to "Hunters Helping The Hungry", in this economy there are a lot of people out there that are still unemployed (gotta love the change, Obama!) and to top it off, Military Vets are at the food banks too, a lot can't adjust back to civilian life... that's all I had to hear, just a way I say "Thanks for the freedom!". I make a $10.00 with my deer so it can be processed and given to the food banks. If you are in New Jersey and hunt, check it out, it's for a great cause. Oh, I shoot foxes and crows with my kids... but we don't eat them, toooooo bad!
Old 10-30-2010, 02:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeep'n
I like that about the bugs... EVERYBODY will squish a bug! and feel no remorse... Hey guys, I killed 17 deer so far this 2010 fall archery season. 13 with a bow and 4 with a crossbow. I got 1 buck (the limit) and there is no bag limit on doe.
Dang, thats a lot of deer. do the white tails breed like rabbits? we sure don't have that many mule deer to be able to hunt like that. its hard to get a buck tag here and pretty hard to get a doe tag. some places are two doe's for the tag, but mainly just one doe. i couldn't imagine being able to get that many deer. The DWR is probably going to decrease the amount of tags they give out next year by at least 7000 too, so it'll be harder to get a tag.

Quick Reply: Video: My "Man" Jeep JK/Hunting Highlights