Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

VIDEO-Many mods on my 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock

Old 09-24-2014, 01:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIDEO-Many mods on my 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock

I picked up my jeep about a month ago and finally got most of my mods completed. All mods listed in the description of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9i3Kt8xvbI
Old 09-24-2014, 03:54 AM
JK Newbie

pretty snazzy. looks good
Old 09-24-2014, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by yellowridr
pretty snazzy. looks good

Thanks
Old 09-24-2014, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Very nice. Any still photos? The video wasn't super clear. Love the entire setup!!!
Old 09-24-2014, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Joe_Joe
Very nice. Any still photos? The video wasn't super clear. Love the entire setup!!!
thanks, Here you go...

Old 09-24-2014, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Love the Jeep man!

I am waiting on a '15 HR myself, black and just like yours. This gives me some ideas. I'm still struggling with the decision between 35s and 37s. Your 35s look good though.

I think you say 3" lift in the video... did you make any other changes to your drivetrain? You say it handles completely different from stock, in what way?

Thanks, and awesome Jeep!
Old 09-24-2014, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Toren
Love the Jeep man!

I am waiting on a '15 HR myself, black and just like yours. This gives me some ideas. I'm still struggling with the decision between 35s and 37s. Your 35s look good though.

I think you say 3" lift in the video... did you make any other changes to your drivetrain? You say it handles completely different from stock, in what way?

Thanks, and awesome Jeep!
Thanks, Its the aev 3.5 lift. Take a look at the description in the video. I put a list of all my mods there. Best way to describe it is that now its smoother at higher speeds. Good example would be when getting off on highway exits. You dont get the same body roll you used to.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jmc2010
Thanks, Its the aev 3.5 lift. Take a look at the description in the video. I put a list of all my mods there. Best way to describe it is that now its smoother at higher speeds. Good example would be when getting off on highway exits. You dont get the same body roll you used to.
That sounds great. I'm currently in a 97 TJ with a 4" rough country lift and let me tell you, they are true to their namesake! Its incredibly stiff, making for a very rough ride. I'm trying not to make the same mistake with my HR, and I'm in a different place financially now so I can afford to do things right.

What specifically pushed you away from 37s? I saw you mention in the video comments that it would require that much more modification in order to wheel without breakage, but like what? I'm guessing a bigger lift, and therefore new drive shafts? Did you modify your drivetrain at all for the 3.5? Maybe more splines on the axles? Control arms? I really like the look of yours, so I may just settle for 35s, but then I see a JKU on 37s with a 4.5 lift and I change my mind again lol.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Toren
That sounds great. I'm currently in a 97 TJ with a 4" rough country lift and let me tell you, they are true to their namesake! Its incredibly stiff, making for a very rough ride. I'm trying not to make the same mistake with my HR, and I'm in a different place financially now so I can afford to do things right.

What specifically pushed you away from 37s? I saw you mention in the video comments that it would require that much more modification in order to wheel without breakage, but like what? I'm guessing a bigger lift, and therefore new drive shafts? Did you modify your drivetrain at all for the 3.5? Maybe more splines on the axles? Control arms? I really like the look of yours, so I may just settle for 35s, but then I see a JKU on 37s with a 4.5 lift and I change my mind again lol.
Below is the full list of mods at that time. But i'll mention which ones i did specific to the lift. In addition to the lift they welded on gussets. They also installed the AFE Y pipe to relocate the exhaust. (prevents the exhaust from making contact with the drive shaft.) I already had the 4.10 gears from the factory on the jeep so i was already good with that. These guys also painted the drive shaft and axels with POR 15. The name of the shop is called ok4wd in NJ . They did really good work. Now in regards to the 37" , i know the guy that did the work is building his jeep with 37" tires. He went with the AEV 4.5" lift. I'm no expert but i do remember him telling me that the additional add ons that he is doing is…. new gears to handle the 37" tires and , JK Rubicon Pro Rock Dana 44 Front HD Axle Housing (think thats what he got), plus the additional cost for the 37" tires.

2015 Jeep wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard rock (fully loaded 4.10 gears)
AEV Lift 3.5” 4dr DualSport SC Susp
AEV Rear Vision System AEV30406035AB
AEV JK Tire Carrier AEV10305020AA
Rigid LED Dually Flood (rear lights) R2G20211
Rigid LED 10" E2 Series - Combo R2G17831
Rigid LED E2 50" Led Bar R2G15231
Rigid LEDD2- HYPERSPOT Pair R2G50471
ADJUSTABLE TRACKBAR J46OGS121
EXHAUST AFE Y-PIPE JK A154946215
JW Speaker Headlights 8700
JW Speaker Fog lights
SPOD blue led