Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

a video for anyone who ever doubted the Recon Winch

Old 03-21-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have further convinced me I made the right decision on purchasing this winch last year. Nice vid. THanks!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was freakin amazing!!! Definitely made me decide to get the 10,000lb series winch and every recovery gear thing you have!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racin444
That was freakin amazing!!! Definitely made me decide to get the 10,000lb series winch and every recovery gear thing you have!
Buy more Links than you think you need! I was going to order 2 more.. but now I'm thinking about 4 more.. I did the math.. and it would have taken 5 to do that pull properly...

In the back: One for Jeep to strap.. one for strap to tree saver..
In the front: One for Snatch Block to Tow Strap.. One from Tow Strap to box truck.. one from Winch line to bumper...

I recommend ARB for the recovery gear.. I'm mighty impressed with it. Did you see the flex on that snatch strap? I've used it since I made this video, and a couple times before... It's exactly as new, and never disappoints.

Thanks for the compliments!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:47 PM
JK Super Freak

That was impressive! I love your amusement with the successful recovery. I know any one of us in the same situation would have a smirk on our face and be pretty damned impressed with what we just accomplished! Nice job!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phantasm
You have further convinced me I made the right decision on purchasing this winch last year. Nice vid. THanks!

X2
Old 03-21-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RayHoliO
Buy more Links than you think you need! I was going to order 2 more.. but now I'm thinking about 4 more.. I did the math.. and it would have taken 5 to do that pull properly...

In the back: One for Jeep to strap.. one for strap to tree saver..
In the front: One for Snatch Block to Tow Strap.. One from Tow Strap to box truck.. one from Winch line to bumper...

I recommend ARB for the recovery gear.. I'm mighty impressed with it. Did you see the flex on that snatch strap? I've used it since I made this video, and a couple times before... It's exactly as new, and never disappoints.

Thanks for the compliments!
Well I was thinking of buying 2 for my front bumper and 2 for my rear bumper. Then about 2-3 for everything else.

That was some crazy flex on that snatch strap! I definitely want a high quality snatch strap, tow strap, tree saver, and snatch block. It seems to never end Ill most likely go with ARB gear seeing that video now.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RayHoliO
Here we have a Recon 10,500 lb "waterproof" winch pulling a loaded box truck out of the mud... I'm real happy with my $500 investment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q82SRNvibU0
It may just be my phone, but I can't see the link to the video. It it is on YouTube, can anyone tell me the video title so I can watch it? Interested in seeing it.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sclan
It may just be my phone, but I can't see the link to the video. It it is on YouTube, can anyone tell me the video title so I can watch it? Interested in seeing it.

Thanks
Jeep with Recon winch recovers a box truck

Quick Reply: a video for anyone who ever doubted the Recon Winch