Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

a video for anyone who ever doubted the Recon Winch

Old 03-16-2011, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a video for anyone who ever doubted the Recon Winch

Here we have a Recon 10,500 lb "waterproof" winch pulling a loaded box truck out of the mud... I'm real happy with my $500 investment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q82SRNvibU0
Old 03-16-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

holy shit, that was pretty amazing. Nice thinkin w/the snatch block
Old 03-16-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not trying to be mean man, but is your name Stacey David? LOL. I've watched Gears on TV and your laugh reminds me of his. Again, just joking man. Cool video. Sucks about your winch line though. Call that company and maybe they would give you some cash for pulling him out. Or was HE the company?
Old 03-16-2011, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Heheh THat's my company.. I've been told that recon just recently changed their cable provider because of frays... and I've also heard from folks who have had theirs replaced by recon free of charge... I suppose I should probably go that route...
Old 03-16-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Ironic...no?

Am I the only one who thinks that if I saw this in real life I would die laughing. I mean picture it you call in a landscaping company to do some fertilizing and he ends up digging you a new mud pit where your front lawn once was. Don't get me wrong I am not trying to be a d#*k and stuck happens just seems funny to me. I could be wrong I like to think people just don't get my humor but more likely I am just not funny. Great video though and the winch seemed to get the job done. What was with all the cable from the winch thoe were they to the battery and I am assuming the one in the drivers door was the winch controller?
Old 03-16-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

LOL THat is actually the neighbors lawn... a vacant lot we use to turn around... and I occasionally use for mudding.. LOL

The cables were jumper cables.. I havn't even got the winch wired in yet.... so it was connected with jumpers
Old 03-16-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Good to know

Ok cool I get it now I figured thats what the cable were. Just stay away from my lawn but I have 9+ feet of snow on my lawn now so shouldn't be a problem.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wasn't shure of the synth cable butt this eases my fears for short term durability.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigT
I wasn't shure of the synth cable butt this eases my fears for short term durability.
The stuff is hella-strong.. I watched a modern marvels the other night where they would manufacture, and then test the stuff.... It performs way beyond specs. It's really big in navel applications.. And it won't rust.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Junkie

the guy called the jeep a car another kitten is dead I'm definitely considering this winch now

Quick Reply: a video for anyone who ever doubted the Recon Winch