Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

"The Victim" The Ultimate JK 2 Door Project Vehicle

Old 05-07-2010, 05:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! That is perfection.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 05-10-2010, 02:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very very very nice.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

We ran it hard. Probably harder than the planetary in the 4 speed could handle. Here is our story and a few links to images and videos we have already found on U Tube. We had a blast. We were really happy with the performance of the suspension. This was a real test for the Pro Aluminum Products as well as our shocks and certainly our front bumper. We hit alot of trees!

Off the start I told myself I would be calm, but with Powerman 5000 playing on the CD player and as soon as they said go, it was on or at least as on as a JK could be. I am not sure who we were lined up against, but we took the hole shot and up the first little rock climb we went. We were so hyped we drove right off the course and got passed right there. Then we got back on course and made our first pass fliing up the little dirt hill in the comp area. Then it was off the back side of the park. We started to catch up to alot of traffic ahead of us and began making some passes. It was a blast. We were now relaxed a bit and things were going smoothly. We got to the only rock section on the back side of the park and it was a parking lot. People were broke in the trail and it was log jammed worse than the Mississippi without water! There was no way around anyone without a chain saw which we did not bring. Finnally, an opening and out we went into the speed section again. It was an absolute blast. We pulled up behind slower traffic going up the large grass hill climb, jumped out of line, ran over a few small trees and made a pass going up the hill. We came off the top of the hill so fast, that when we landed the JK fuel shutoff kicked in. As the JK was still rolling, I cycled the key 3 times and it fired thank god. That would have been an even earlier exit than we made. Things seemed to be smoothing out. People got spread out on the track which made driving and visability better for sure. Then we were back at the road, crossing into the main side of the park. We were approacing Jotter's Way and it was time to find out if the planetary was going to give us low range or not. At first, it was not happy so I jumped out, put a ratchet strap on the shifter to hold it in low. We approached the hill and it certainly was not as easy as it was on Thursday with all the dirt all over the place, but up we went! By the time we got to the top and check point one, the planetary low was done! No more low range. We ran the entire technical rock section and the rest of the first lap in high range. It was not pretty. By the time we got to the trail 5 hill climb, even the high range option of the planetary was starting to fail. This was not good, we had no drive at all. It sucked. Nor did we have a spare Atlas to swap in. While at the trail 5 hill climb the Griffin Radiator buggy came fliing by. That was impressive to see an IFS rig take that kind of a pounding. Anyway, back to our adventure. Since the high range was failing I was driving with one hand holding the shifter triing to force it to provide us with drive and one hand on the wheel. As we were approaching the comp course to complete the first lap, it popped out of drive again. As I was looking down to grab the shifter, I blasted a tree with the driver's side tire hard enough to rip out hydro assist tabs right off the tie rod. Of course that was something we had a spare of, but with no drive it wouldn't do us much good. We completed the first lap and then headed down to the pits driving with one hand and no power steering. My co-drive Frank was helping me steer. That was team work at it's best. We pull into the pits and there was no way we could fit the T-Case so our day was done. It was dissappointing, but looking back at it now, it sure was fun. Who knows what would have happened should it not have happened, but that is racing!

I am pretty sure our lap times would have picked up as well and we would have been able to finish under time should it had held up to the beating. Our first check point time was 33 minutes and that concisted of a 5 minute wait in the woods behind a log jam and a 5 minute delay at the bottom of Jotters where I had to get out of the rig to try to get the shifter to stay in low range. We rigged up a ratchet strap real quick and it held for Jotters, but that was the end of low range. Running the technical sections (second 2/3 of the first lap) in high range really stunk! Even so, our lap time was under 2 hours which felt like an eternity on the second half. We just couldn't wait to get back to the pits to see if we could fix the t case, but no such luck.

Here is a link to the video at the start of the race!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ItO5G9fs0M Here is a link to the JK on Jotters way that we found on u-tube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJGs-xG-u08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAb2IXNO8rU http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Q/DSC01309.jpg

We learned alot. It was a great experience and just seeing the top rigs in the world run was awesome! Sure we would love to build a buggy and be really competitive, but that is not our market place. Hats off to all the teams and competitors!

Those Jimmy rigs are no joke! Those things are impressive for sure! The level of competitors this year seemed to step up alot from last year!

Thanks to Bruce and his staff and volunteers for putting on such a great event. Thanks to the KOH guys for bringing such a great event to the east coast. Thanks to all the competitors that drove along way to compete!

We also want to thank all of our sponsors. Right off the start, the new RIPP Supercharger showed its muscle by giving us the hole shot over a V8 equipped tube buggy! We hit tons of trees and River Raider's armor and fenders held up great! The new MT/R's with Kevlar in the comp. compound were the absolute best tire we have ever used. Wether it was dry rock or the mud at Rock Creek, they hooked up great. If it wasn't for these tires we would have never been able to make the technical section in high range. The Redneck Ram from West Texas Offroad provided great steering in all situations. This set up by far is the best bang for the buck steering assembly we have ever used. Our new Pro Aluminum Suspension and RRD Racing shocks held up and performed great!

All in all, it was a great time. We ran more expert trails in under 2 hours (most in high range), than most hardcore rigs run in a month of weekends. To have a full bodied rig out there against the top buggies in the world was an absolute blast! Thank you to all of you who supported us. We will be doing it again soon.

Jeremy

Last edited by wayoflife; 05-10-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
We ran it hard. Probably harder than the planetary in the 4 speed could handle. Here is our story and a few links to images and videos we have already found on U Tube. We had a blast. We were really happy with the performance of the suspension. This was a real test for the Pro Aluminum Products as well as our shocks and certainly our front bumper. We hit alot of trees!

Off the start I told myself I would be calm, but with Powerman 5000 playing on the CD player and as soon as they said go, it was on or at least as on as a JK could be. I am not sure who we were lined up against, but we took the hole shot and up the first little rock climb we went. We were so hyped we drove right off the course and got passed right there. Then we got back on course and made our first pass fliing up the little dirt hill in the comp area. Then it was off the back side of the park. We started to catch up to alot of traffic ahead of us and began making some passes. It was a blast. We were now relaxed a bit and things were going smoothly. We got to the only rock section on the back side of the park and it was a parking lot. People were broke in the trail and it was log jammed worse than the Mississippi without water! There was no way around anyone without a chain saw which we did not bring. Finnally, an opening and out we went into the speed section again. It was an absolute blast. We pulled up behind slower traffic going up the large grass hill climb, jumped out of line, ran over a few small trees and made a pass going up the hill. We came off the top of the hill so fast, that when we landed the JK fuel shutoff kicked in. As the JK was still rolling, I cycled the key 3 times and it fired thank god. That would have been an even earlier exit than we made. Things seemed to be smoothing out. People got spread out on the track which made driving and visability better for sure. Then we were back at the road, crossing into the main side of the park. We were approacing Jotter's Way and it was time to find out if the planetary was going to give us low range or not. At first, it was not happy so I jumped out, put a ratchet strap on the shifter to hold it in low. We approached the hill and it certainly was not as easy as it was on Thursday with all the dirt all over the place, but up we went! By the time we got to the top and check point one, the planetary low was done! No more low range. We ran the entire technical rock section and the rest of the first lap in high range. It was not pretty. By the time we got to the trail 5 hill climb, even the high range option of the planetary was starting to fail. This was not good, we had no drive at all. It sucked. Nor did we have a spare Atlas to swap in. While at the trail 5 hill climb the Griffin Radiator buggy came fliing by. That was impressive to see an IFS rig take that kind of a pounding. Anyway, back to our adventure. Since the high range was failing I was driving with one hand holding the shifter triing to force it to provide us with drive and one hand on the wheel. As we were approaching the comp course to complete the first lap, it popped out of drive again. As I was looking down to grab the shifter, I blasted a tree with the driver's side tire hard enough to rip out hydro assist tabs right off the tie rod. Of course that was something we had a spare of, but with no drive it wouldn't do us much good. We completed the first lap and then headed down to the pits driving with one hand and no power steering. My co-drive Frank was helping me steer. That was team work at it's best. We pull into the pits and there was no way we could fit the T-Case so our day was done. It was dissappointing, but looking back at it now, it sure was fun. Who knows what would have happened should it not have happened, but that is racing!

I am pretty sure our lap times would have picked up as well and we would have been able to finish under time should it had held up to the beating. Our first check point time was 33 minutes and that concisted of a 5 minute wait in the woods behind a log jam and a 5 minute delay at the bottom of Jotters where I had to get out of the rig to try to get the shifter to stay in low range. We rigged up a ratchet strap real quick and it held for Jotters, but that was the end of low range. Running the technical sections (second 2/3 of the first lap) in high range really stunk! Even so, our lap time was under 2 hours which felt like an eternity on the second half. We just couldn't wait to get back to the pits to see if we could fix the t case, but no such luck.

Here is a link to the video at the start of the race!

YouTube - RK start

Here is a link to the JK on Jotters way that we found on u-tube!

YouTube - 2010 RCQ Rock Krawler JK

YouTube - RK on Jotters Way

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Q/DSC01309.jpg

We learned alot. It was a great experience and just seeing the top rigs in the world run was awesome! Sure we would love to build a buggy and be really competitive, but that is not our market place. Hats off to all the teams and competitors!

Those Jimmy rigs are no joke! Those things are impressive for sure! The level of competitors this year seemed to step up alot from last year!

Thanks to Bruce and his staff and volunteers for putting on such a great event. Thanks to the KOH guys for bringing such a great event to the east coast. Thanks to all the competitors that drove along way to compete!

We also want to thank all of our sponsors. Right off the start, the new RIPP Supercharger showed its muscle by giving us the hole shot over a V8 equipped tube buggy! We hit tons of trees and River Raider's armor and fenders held up great! The new MT/R's with Kevlar in the comp. compound were the absolute best tire we have ever used. Wether it was dry rock or the mud at Rock Creek, they hooked up great. If it wasn't for these tires we would have never been able to make the technical section in high range. The Redneck Ram from West Texas Offroad provided great steering in all situations. This set up by far is the best bang for the buck steering assembly we have ever used. Our new Pro Aluminum Suspension and RRD Racing shocks held up and performed great!

All in all, it was a great time. We ran more expert trails in under 2 hours (most in high range), than most hardcore rigs run in a month of weekends. To have a full bodied rig out there against the top buggies in the world was an absolute blast! Thank you to all of you who supported us. We will be doing it again soon.

Jeremy
RIPP Superchargers make Mini Vans Engines do crazy things -

Our hats off to the Rock Krawler Staff for pulling this machine together - as a spectator I can tell you - The Supercharged Rock Krawler JK was the talk of the stages - EVERYONE was asking where the JK was and the cheering was loud when it went by....

We were so proud to see our kit come out of the hole like a champ - and it was worth all the blood sweat and tears - seeing it climb without struggle made us feel humble and empowered at the same time...

The JK gets a lot of flack for being underpowered and RIPP always takes the position that the engine is plenty strong for "our" collective needs, it just needs to be set up.... Now its clear - if you have a properly set up JK go heads up against a properly set up V8 powered buggy - the Puffed up 3.8 might beat you....

Great Job guys -on behalf of the RIPP Superchargers brand name and staff - thanks for giving us the opportunity to show our stuff, you made us proud.

RIPPTECH

Last edited by wayoflife; 05-10-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

We are just getting back from the Baja 500 and found some new images of "The Victim" in action at the KOH Qualifier as well as a start video clip.. Thought you might enjoy them...

Here is the video clip of it in action!!!

YouTube - RK start .AVI

Rock Krawler
Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

Excellent build and congrats on a great day of racin'
Old 06-08-2010, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

so this thing is still using the 3.8L? supercharged? from the videos it sounds like a hemi! almost.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:21 AM
JK Jedi

A thing of beauty!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

I'll take 2 of them please!! Seriously, that thing is over the top.

Quick Reply: "The Victim" The Ultimate JK 2 Door Project Vehicle