Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

VIAIR vs Copycat

Old 04-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
VIAIR Representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIAIR vs Copycat

this was copy and pasted here from an outside source. the other manufacture name has been removed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The question is are the copy-cat and the Viair 400 the same. Well I have both so you can tell me. I took the head off the copy-cat to tap it to 1/4NPT. Since it was off I deceded to take the head off the Viair.

Viair on the left copy-cat on the right. This plate goes between the piston and the head.

This is the other side of the plate.

Underside of the head. The Viair is on the left with the hose attached.

copy-cat piston

Viair piston

Cylinder bore. I have had the Viair for atleast 6 years. Aired up countless tires with it. The copy-cat I have used for maybe 1 1/2 years and not very many tires. The Viair is made of a much better material. The copy-cat is just steel. You can see wear marks on the walls. (I know not the best PICS)

Also when I took both these apart, all the bolts on the Viair were tight. On the copycat they were all fairly loose.

Last edited by Sharkey; 04-14-2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Removed competing forum reference and link.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're right, and no they are not the same. FWIW, you can buy 2 MV-50's for the price of one Viair 400. If you shop around, you might even be able to find 3 MV-50's for 1 Viair.

Just sayin...

Quick Reply: VIAIR vs Copycat