Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Vendor Request: Rock Sliders Under Stock Sahara Steps

Old 10-19-2011, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vendor Request: Rock Sliders Under Stock Sahara Steps

Not sure if this is the proper section to post this in, but I would REALLY like a set of rock sliders for my Sahara that works with the factory steps. Maybe some kind of nice curved plates that weld to the frame? Willing to pre-pay or take a custom set made by anyone here

visual:

Old 10-19-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be a doable request for someone. I toyed with the idea at one time. Decided to just go the Rock rail route instead.

The big question would be, how much ground clearance at the step would you have to loose to make it strong enough? And it would really need to come out passed the side of the step to be most effective (rubbing the sides with trees, rocks etc..)

I still have my side steps, so I will take a new look at them. I already have a few ideas on how it could be done. I need a project!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would do the Rubicon rails with the ACE Engineering Sliders underneath them as a step
Old 10-19-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Though I would agree, I have the ACE rails on mine, the request was can and would anyone do it. And it can be done. But would a vender do it? Probably not. But lets face it, the steps are nice. Wanting to retain them is understandable. And when I had them on, my JK was a lot cleaner too.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tight_wad
And when I had them on, my JK was a lot cleaner too.
This is the main reason I want to keep them! They do keep my side clean even when mudding!
Plus I do like the look of them
Old 10-19-2011, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

The big question would be, how much ground clearance at the step would you have to loose to make it strong enough? And it would really need to come out passed the side of the step to be most effective (rubbing the sides with trees, rocks etc..)
I was thinking just thick plates underneeth and shaped outward like this _/
Almost like thick skid plates for them ...yea that's exacly what I think would work..skid plates!!!

Let me know if you really want to do this
Old 10-19-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did get my steps out of their storage box and start doing some preliminary measuring of them. Will see if I can get something design up that would work.

I understand, and considered the skid idea. But the one thing to keep in mind is that we are wanting rock slides, not just protection for the step itself. It is a good concept, but I don't think that there is a way to give it the strength that it would real world need. Any slight bend or bow would effect the position of the step itself.

Will see what I can do and get back.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

I did get my steps out of their storage box and start doing some preliminary measuring of them. Will see if I can get something design up that would work.

I understand, and considered the skid idea. But the one thing to keep in mind is that we are wanting rock slides, not just protection for the step itself. It is a good concept, but I don't think that there is a way to give it the strength that it would real world need. Any slight bend or bow would effect the position of the step itself.

Will see what I can do and get back.

sounds good
Old 10-21-2011, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

haha not to be a pain but wondering how your idea is going
Old 10-21-2011, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got some bad news.

Not wanting to bail on you, but I have someone that is interested in my steps as I had previously post them up for trade in the for sale forum. If it works out, I won't have them anymore.

And that means that I wouldn't have anything to pattern off of.

I will let you know after the weekend.

Quick Reply: Vendor Request: Rock Sliders Under Stock Sahara Steps