Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

US Wheels Daytona 16x8"

Old 04-15-2009, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US Wheels Daytona 16x8"

Well, I'm giving up on 15" wheels and I'm trying to pick out the 16x8 wheels I want.

I found this post:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...&postcount=367

But from my research those appear to have 5" of backspace. Isn't that going to rub some?

I've found a very similar wheel, U.S. Wheel 84 Series Black Daytona Wheels (USW-84-7850L) on Summit Racing. It's got 4.25" of backspace. There is also a 7850PL that has 5" of backspace, similiar to the one linked above.

Is anyone running either of these wheels and care to share their experience?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

you can run up to a 12.50" wide tire without rubbing issues with 5" backspacing. theres a few guys around here doing so.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:20 AM
JK Junkie

Well I know you are giving up on 15's but I have 15x8 Daytons with 4" of BS and at first I tried spacers but didn't like them so I spent the 5 mins per front tire and ground down the corners of the calipers.. shot them with a bit of paint and viola cheaper tires with more sidwall and no rubbing. Returned the spacers and got a full refund and never looked back. The minimal grinding was nothing but then again I really like the look of 15's and 35s or 37s. The bigger the sidewall the better IMO
Ohter than that I had the option of Daytonas in a 16x8 with 4"BS I cant see why you couldnt get it from your local tire shop
Old 04-15-2009, 08:20 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MoTec
Well, I'm giving up on 15" wheels and I'm trying to pick out the 16x8 wheels I want.

I found this post:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...&postcount=367

But from my research those appear to have 5" of backspace. Isn't that going to rub some?

I've found a very similar wheel, U.S. Wheel 84 Series Black Daytona Wheels (USW-84-7850L) on Summit Racing. It's got 4.25" of backspace. There is also a 7850PL that has 5" of backspace, similiar to the one linked above.

Is anyone running either of these wheels and care to share their experience?

Google "black rock wheels quadratec" and you'll find something you like that's made SPECIFICALLY for the JK.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Google "black rock wheels quadratec" and you'll find something you like that's made SPECIFICALLY for the JK.
Wow

I do not know how I missed those! You're right. That's what I'm looking for AND the price is right.

And since the tire I'm going with is closer to 11.5" wide than 12.5" wide I guess I'd not have any problems with 5" of backspace.

Quick Reply: US Wheels Daytona 16x8"