Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Upgraded to a Rubicon

Old 07-07-2014, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First upgrade done! Ace rock rails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1072825636.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	564054
Old 07-13-2014, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I got the lift mostly on yesterday. I bought the wrong shocks for the front. I bought RS999029 instead of RS999329! Got to look at more than the last 2 numbers! We used the stock shocks for now. I will get new shocks tomorrow. One thing I will say about this lift: They should insert the sleeves into the gaskets and into the end links for you before shipping. That was by far the hardest part of the install. A generous amount of silicone and a vise got it done though. Hard to give an accurate assessment on how high and the ride yet without the proper shocks. I will update once that is fixed.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I will never spend another dime with 4 Wheel Parts if I can avoid it! I ordered wheels and tires from them over 2 weeks ago. The idiot salesman talked me into different wheels than what I wanted and then proceeded to order 16" wheels and 17" tires. Took them a week to figure it out and call me. So I took the opportunity to switch it back to the wheels I really wanted. All the while being assured I would get them in time for my trip to CO this Saturday. Never received an email confirming order. Multiple calls to customer "service" later I find out the wheels are coming from somewhere else causing a delay. Then the wheels finally get there and I am told they will ship from Dallas (3 hours drive from me) that day. 2 days later still nothing. Another call and turns out one of the wheels was damaged and they were waiting to hear what I wanted them to do. Only problem... NO ONE CALLED ME! Finally they are shipping them out with one damaged and a new one to replace it sent to me later. (Damage was cosmetic). Another full day of being told they had shipped, yet the shipping company has no record of it. I finally cancelled the order and went to Discount Tire and had 35" Trail Grapplers on MB rims put on in less than 3 hours, for less money. I am sure I will have to fight with 4WP to get my money back now as they are still claiming the tires have shipped, but at least I know we can go on our wheeling trip to CO! All that being said I am really happy with how it looks!

Name:	image-860600401.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	565876

I gained a full 4" on the lift. We will see how it settles.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gkarshens
So I will never spend another dime with 4 Wheel Parts if I can avoid it! I ordered wheels and tires from them over 2 weeks ago. The idiot salesman talked me into different wheels than what I wanted and then proceeded to order 16" wheels and 17" tires. Took them a week to figure it out and call me. So I took the opportunity to switch it back to the wheels I really wanted. All the while being assured I would get them in time for my trip to CO this Saturday. Never received an email confirming order. Multiple calls to customer "service" later I find out the wheels are coming from somewhere else causing a delay. Then the wheels finally get there and I am told they will ship from Dallas (3 hours drive from me) that day. 2 days later still nothing. Another call and turns out one of the wheels was damaged and they were waiting to hear what I wanted them to do. Only problem... NO ONE CALLED ME! Finally they are shipping them out with one damaged and a new one to replace it sent to me later. (Damage was cosmetic). Another full day of being told they had shipped, yet the shipping company has no record of it. I finally cancelled the order and went to Discount Tire and had 35" Trail Grapplers on MB rims put on in less than 3 hours, for less money. I am sure I will have to fight with 4WP to get my money back now as they are still claiming the tires have shipped, but at least I know we can go on our wheeling trip to CO! All that being said I am really happy with how it looks!

Attachment 565876

Dang man,

Make sure you file the dispute with your CC. If they charge you a restocking fee that'd be the worst customer service I ever heard of.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Also,

Just noticed you're in Austin. Hello from San Marcos
Old 07-19-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default well bottom line is !

Originally Posted by Gkarshens

Attachment 565876

u gotta nice jeep there
Old 07-20-2014, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChrisNAngus
Also, Just noticed you're in Austin. Hello from San Marcos
Thanks for the comments. Maybe we'll see each other on the road one day!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
u gotta nice jeep there
Thanks! And you are right. I am very happy with how it is turning out. I was so stressed on getting it ready for this trip and their inability to provide competent service was killing me!

Made it to Silverton today. Passed thru a lot of rain and even some hail! No damage though. Tomorrow we will set up camp in Ouray and maybe hit a couple trails.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Name:	image-210873076.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	568257

Made it over Black Bear. What a view!

We had a great trip all and all. Jeep already has over 4k miles on it now! Handled everything like a champ! Now I need to save up some money to do any more upgrades.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Been a while since I updated since I haven't done any changes other than an Evo skid plate. Today I ordered a Shrockworks stubby front bumper. Super excited. They make a great product and are only 2 hours from my house. Only problem is the 3 month wait. Here is what it looks like:

Name:	image-2335432246.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	578392

Quick Reply: Upgraded to a Rubicon