Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Updated pics-HID Headlights, LED License Plate Light, LED Dome Light, AFE CAI

Old 03-10-2009, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be careful, I am pretty sure that converting any highway licensed vehicle to HID that did not come with HID headlights is illegal. I know many have done it, and I don't know of anyone that has gotten in trouble, but it might be a good idea to look into it.

Jake
Old 03-10-2009, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

You could get in trouble for it, but it would take a real prick to give you a ticket for it. Plus, most of them will never know that it didn't come with them.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

Looks great! I wish car manufacturers would smarten up and just put HIDs on everything now. I mean geez, it's 2009!
Old 03-10-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dustjunkie
Be careful, I am pretty sure that converting any highway licensed vehicle to HID that did not come with HID headlights is illegal. I know many have done it, and I don't know of anyone that has gotten in trouble, but it might be a good idea to look into it.

Jake
Where in the world did you hear that? Maybe it's a state-by-state thing. I came from the VW/Audi scene where EVERYBODY converted to HIDs. There's no way that can be illegal.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Actually it is. Even on the box it says "for off road use only". Like anyone listens. It is because they don't come with the projector lens to focus it in a small strait beam like OEM ones do. Since there isn't one it lights up everything, especially in a big round Jeep headlight. You would just have to find a cop in a real bad mood thinking you have your brights on and wants to bust you for that, even then he won't be smart enough to know that they are not stock. Unless he has one too and he will just want to know where you got them from so he can get some for his. Having HID's are kinda like having dirty magazines, "everyones got them even though they know they shouldn't."
Old 03-10-2009, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jkMatt
Actually it is. Even on the box it says "for off road use only". Like anyone listens. It is because they don't come with the projector lens to focus it in a small strait beam like OEM ones do. Since there isn't one it lights up everything, especially in a big round Jeep headlight. You would just have to find a cop in a real bad mood thinking you have your brights on and wants to bust you for that, even then he won't be smart enough to know that they are not stock. Unless he has one too and he will just want to know where you got them from so he can get some for his. Having HID's are kinda like having dirty magazines, "everyones got them even though they know they shouldn't."
Ohh gotchya, didn't take the projectors into account. I can see how that wouldn't be so legal.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:38 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jkMatt
What kind of HID's did you get? Where did you get them form and what did you have to pay for yours?
HIDoutlet.ca..........the optix HID xenons 6000K.......paid $200 for each kit....not sure it the price is that low anymore though....Also got the Windshield HID's....they are stupid bright and are truely for OFFROAD use only..
Old 03-11-2009, 08:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

What type of LEDs did you use? I'm looking to replace my dome lamps as well.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went to Pepboys and got the LED lights. The license plate light came in a 2 pack for $9.99 and the dome light was just by itself for $6.99. I love the license plate light! The dome light is ok. It is not very bright at all. Which I do like though, it is almost mood lighting. So between that mood lighting and my cold air intake whistling at me I think it is coming on to me.

Quick Reply: Updated pics-HID Headlights, LED License Plate Light, LED Dome Light, AFE CAI