Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Unlimited with Sunbonnet, Windjammer, and a twist

Old 01-21-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unlimited with Sunbonnet, Windjammer, and a twist

You see, the twist is I don't have a duster, so it makes it have a functional truck bed, with the tradeoff that it lets more air in under the seats. It's also nowhere near as water resistant, but that's what the Line-X and drain plugs are for.
For the record, this was a new top, and I put it on with the temp at about 55, but had no problem. I did let the top and windjammer warm up in a window first.

View through the rearview, slightly limited

Last edited by Dr.McNinja; 01-23-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is an awesome idea....Im going to do the same thing but put the cargo netting around the back part to keep my dog in.
That way, she has a convertable which is safe and none of the dog hair goes into the cabin!!! AWESOME
Old 01-22-2011, 04:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dutchboy101
Looks good. Did you add a piece to the windjammer or did it come that way?
That's how it comes. I didn't attach it to the bottom, but if you put it between the seats and the tub, it holds it in place.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

i like this. I run the windjammer, bonnet, duster cover in the summer makes. Makes the JK look like a whole different vehicle
Old 01-22-2011, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

Looks DAMN good. What was your total cost and does the sun bonnet come off quickly for nice days?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nofr13
Looks DAMN good. What was your total cost and does the sun bonnet come off quickly for nice days?
Sunbonnet off ebay for $240 shipped. Windjammer from quadratec at $139 plus shipping (it was a gift).
Trying to decide between Bestop and Pavement Ends dusters right now. I had a Pavement Ends top on my TJ that was fine. I haven't seen anybody with the duster yet to see how it fits.

Sunbonnet comes off just about as fast as taking the top down. There's 7 straps (6 in back, one in middle), and the header bar is identical to stock.
However, if you have the OR-FAB rollcage, the middle strap doesn't fit quite right because of the rear streamers. I made it work without much problem though.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Hey Dr. McNinja,

I've been considering this same setup. I really don't use the back seat of my 4dr for anything other than storage, but does it eliminate the ability to use the seat belts if I did have more than one passenger? What's the noise like at highway speeds? I have the freedom softtop which is not bad when it's on, but I like the "pickup" look you get with the windjammer.

Yates
Old 01-25-2011, 12:07 PM
JK Super Freak

I haven't gone too fast yet, so I can't give you 70mph sounds yet. The header is quieter than my 2007 softtop was, and I get a better seal over the doors.
I have wrapped my jack equipment in plastic bags to keep it from getting wet in the rain.

You can use the seatbelts if you put them through the holes originally designed for the softtop frame in the 2 door. You have to unbolt the belt first to route it through. Some of the guys have gone even further and had them altered to have velcro panels and whatnot to make it easier.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did that, and not any noise.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-combo.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	121426   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-combo2.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	90.4 KB