Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Unique 297 Wheels

Old 10-31-2010, 08:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unique 297 Wheels

These wheels (Unique 297) I have been told are the same as ones similar such as the Cragar soft 8s and others. It is just that the one company that designed them has sold the design to other companies who put their names on it.

Don't worry, this is not the point i'm getting at...

Anyways, I purchased this brand and wanted to let others know the issue I had. The way that the company punches the holes that are on the inside of the wheel design creates a little lip on the inside. This in turn wanted to rub when the wheels and tires were mounted and tested for rubbing. I believe it rubbed on the caliper...don't quote me on that.

I was forced to continue using the spidertrax wheel spacers that I was using with the stock wheel/tire combo. This causes the wheels to stick out beyond the fender a whole 1.5" more than it would without the spacers. I am not opposed to running the spacer...i think it looks amazing. This is just a heads up for anyone who is looking to run this wheel. I ordered mine with 4.25" of backspacing (to be safe), as you are required to run at max 4.5" to prevent rubbing with a bigger wider tire and a 2.5" or larger lift. My choice of backspacing may be why it rubbed...not sure, doubtful.

Hope you guys like...next mod? Rear bumber/tire carrier? Too many options!

Quick Reply: Unique 297 Wheels