Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Under hood on board air for $80

Old 02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could somebody tell me the length of the plate the compressor sits on. I just received the bracket and it looks to small. I know they made two sizes so I'm thinking maybe the wrong one was shipped. I ordered the one made for the viair compressor and the plate on the one I have is eight inches long. Thanks
Old 02-16-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is SWEET!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

just got my mv50 today from pepboys for $60 works great now just need to mount it.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by briaros6
How's the compressor holding up to airing up 35's???
I have used mine 4-5 times to air up from 12 to 40 and it has worked great every time. Last time I tried to air up a friends tires after mine and it quit (overheated) after 3 of his. I guess 7 tires is it's limit. I tried it 20 minutes later and was able to do the last tire, but I was a little disappointed. I wonder if the heat from sitting under the hood is effecting it? I'm sure it is not a "constant duty" compressor like the most expensive of the Viar units, so I'm not sure what is reasonable. Maybe I need to give it a break every 15 minutes?

Originally Posted by Biggy
Could somebody tell me the length of the plate the compressor sits on. I just received the bracket and it looks to small. I know they made two sizes so I'm thinking maybe the wrong one was shipped. I ordered the one made for the viair compressor and the plate on the one I have is eight inches long. Thanks
You have the right one. I had to flip one of the mounting brackets on my compressor to get it to fit correctly.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 PM
JK Freak

Such a great Idea... can u use them as lockers?
Old 02-17-2011, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by yellow08jk

I have used mine 4-5 times to air up from 12 to 40 and it has worked great every time. Last time I tried to air up a friends tires after mine and it quit (overheated) after 3 of his. I guess 7 tires is it's limit. I tried it 20 minutes later and was able to do the last tire, but I was a little disappointed. I wonder if the heat from sitting under the hood is effecting it? I'm sure it is not a "constant duty" compressor like the most expensive of the Viar units, so I'm not sure what is reasonable. Maybe I need to give it a break every 15 minutes?

You have the right one. I had to flip one of the mounting brackets on my compressor to get it to fit correctly.
Still not sure if it's the right bracket. Mine is black and yours in the pics is silver. On the website the arb bracket is black and the viair bracket is silver. I emailed them but they didn't get back to me yet.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

I got my bracket from One Off Fab. It's a universal bracket but it was too long and was rubbing the brake lines. One Off Fab offered to exchange it, but I declined and fixed the problem with an angle grinder and cutoff wheel. I also had to trim the MV-50 mounting feet to clear the AC line, but again that was an easy job with a $20 angle grinder.

THe setup works AWESOME! You can unbolt the mount with a rachet wrench in just a few minutes, and I am working on an electrical quick disconnect so I can remove the system quickly for access to the steering shaft and park plugs. The compressor itself is strong. I can inflate my 33's from 10 to 30 PSI in about 3 minutes.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered this bracket. cant wait to get everything installed.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just saw a pic from another thread with the compressor mounted the other way. The power switch is easier to get to and the air line points the towards the fender which is much handier. I'll post a pic after I switch it.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2011, 10:20 PM
JK Junkie

Get ready that compressor will die on you when you need it most. I bought 2 of them and they both died I a short period of time of filling my 35's from 15 to 31psi. So, after blowing $100.00 I decided to invest in something that works much better and has never let me down once.

Viair On-Board Heavy Duty Kit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1011872.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	128443   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1011877.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	128444   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1011876.jpg
Views:	510