Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Under hood on board air for $80

Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I flipped my compressor. Makes it a little handier.

Gotta love having the top off in February!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how long did it take your brackets to ship? I checked the status the day after i ordered and it said shipped, but that was over a week ago and im still waiting.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

After reading this thread I ordered my bracket. And that is all I got, Just a nice black powder coated bracket in a box. No instructions, No bolts, No thank you note, No dirty pictures of someones mom... Nothing.

Is that all I need? I don't need longer bolts or a clue where to put this thing? Everything will work with what I got?

Originally Posted by D_engel
how long did it take your brackets to ship?
I forget what day I ordered it on but it was about a week, i think.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

Nice set up and i will probly do something simalar in the future
Old 02-27-2011, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4LCKD10RUBIUNLTD
How serious is the sensor that goes into the brake fluid reservoir. I think I broke mine during install of the compressor bracket. My jeep seems to be running a little rough after install of the compressor. Is this normal? or is it because of that sensor plug?
I would say the sensor plug is fairly serious as it probably tells the computer that your brake fluid is low. I would guess the rough running is due to the power brake booster hose being kinked or slightly pulled off. It is the BIG rubber hose that goes to the brake booster (the big black round thing behind where you put the brake fluid just in case you don't know). Check to make sure it is connected properly.

Originally Posted by HotFrosty
After reading this thread I ordered my bracket. And that is all I got, Just a nice black powder coated bracket in a box. No instructions, No bolts, No thank you note, No dirty pictures of someones mom... Nothing.

Is that all I need? I don't need longer bolts or a clue where to put this thing? Everything will work with what I got?
You have everything you need. Just take off the two nuts that hold the master cylinder on, slip the bracket onto the two bolts, and put the nuts back on. Be careful not to break the brake fluid sensor or kink the brake booster vacuum hose.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Junkie

How serious is the sensor that goes into the brake fluid reservoir. I think I broke mine during install of the compressor bracket. My jeep seems to be running a little rough after install of the compressor. Is this normal? or is it because of that sensor plug?
I thought I popped off a hose and made my jeep run rough, but it turns out the bracket was rubbing on the A/C hose. If theres contact, everything will shake. Just bend the hose out of the way
Old 02-27-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks guys everything worked out. There is no vibration now. You guys are awesome. Its nice having such a great Jeep community.
I just put mine on thursday and had the same issue. I actually contacted the manufacturer seeking advice. Im glad i could help out
Old 02-27-2011, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

Nice setup. Has anyone tried this with the $50 (with coupon) Harbor Freight compressor? I was going to order another bracket but for half the price.....
Old 02-27-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

After reading this thread, I ordered a bracket (at $25 the price is right) It arrived within a week. Just need to order a compressor now.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sburggsx
Nice setup. Has anyone tried this with the $50 (with coupon) Harbor Freight compressor? I was going to order another bracket but for half the price.....
Thats what my setup is. I can snap some photos if you want

Quick Reply: Under hood on board air for $80