Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ultimate Mall Crawler stage 1 done- 38x15.5 uds and 4.5" AEV

Old 02-08-2012, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET
Car, Truck, SUV whatever. Most im sure know what I meant.
Merriam Webster definition of car.

Definition of CAR
1: a vehicle moving on wheels:
Old 02-08-2012, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

My goal with this build was to scare soccer moms and small kids as I pulled into the Gap to buy a nice new sweater vest!! Now that Ive gotten it out of the way that I a am complete poser-

The build-
AEV 4.5"Premium
1" Teraflex coil spacers
18x10 Moto Metal 961
38x15.5x18 Nitto MudGrapplers
Smitty side armor
Bumper Caps
Pilot Driving lights/Sylvania bulbs

The good-
I like the way it came out aesthetically. I am SHOCKED i really dont have to regear, still plenty of power. I may regear because I like to go fast from a stop but honestly, not needed even with 38's.

The Bad-
I had a local HACK SHOP thats not a vendor do the work and the Jeep rides lke shit and feels very unsafe. The steering wheel literally rocks back and forth in my hand three inches each way at any speed and the car is WAY LOOSE. When I picked up the car the first night, the shop didnt have time to align it and said that was the cause of the poor driving. I dropped it off the next morning and told them they had to fix it and the car was absolutley unnaceptable. I picked it up that night and drove it home, no difference. The shop owner said thats just the nature of the big tires,I knew it was bullshit, this thing is SCARY to drive. THE NEXT DAY I drove it out to Off Road Evolution. Within 1 minute Mel told me its because of the 1" spacer!! He said that I need lower contol arms badly, that the caster was causing the problems. I have also already melted the front driveshaft boot from the shops "Exhaust Mod". I ordered front Tera LCA's and a J.E. Reel front driveshaft from Mel. They are closed this week so I have to wait until next Tuesday to drop it off. I am limping it around until then. ON TOP OF THIS, the shop sends me a bill today for $300 for labor they didnt charge on the first bill. Moral of the story,spend the extra money on reputable shop. I knew something was up when I pulled up and this dump had 2 Jeeps up front, thats on me!

Attachment 274885Attachment 274886Attachment 274887Attachment 274888
Attachment 275055
Looks super cool.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mattgt5
I believe the saying is your kill a kitten every time you use the "C" word!!
CAR, CAR, CAR, CAR.... Yeah, I don't really care for cats!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-UTE
CAR, CAR, CAR, CAR.... Yeah, I don't really care for cats!
PETA is going to get you guys!!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great!
I'm a mall crawler/poser in training.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:01 AM
JK Super Freak

So what ended up being wrong with your setup?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got new bumpers coming
Ha!! Was just gonna ask.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mr Rubi
glad you learned your lesson OP. Some things you just can't be cheap on like eye surgery, food and parts/labor for your vehicle.
Eye surgery, come on you've got 4 other senses lol.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Redman333
So what ended up being wrong with your setup?
The LCA fixed the problem but it rides ruff and the steering wheel moves around quite a bit on the freeway. Ive seen all the claims of the guys who own this suspenson who say the ride is great and it handles like a sports car, mine does neither. Its ruff riding and not as stable as I expected. Maybe its the 1" spacers? The shocks really dont seem like they absorb the bumps. I have aired the tires down to 21 lbs and that helped but the lift is not what I expected. I've had 5 liftd trucks that all rode better (Of course those werent solid axles). I may switch over to a long arm. I would hate to spend te money if this is just the nature of the beast!
Old 02-20-2012, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

The LCA fixed the problem but it rides ruff and the steering wheel moves around quite a bit on the freeway. Ive seen all the claims of the guys who own this suspenson who say the ride is great and it handles like a sports car, mine does neither. Its ruff riding and not as stable as I expected. Maybe its the 1" spacers? The shocks really dont seem like they absorb the bumps. I have aired the tires down to 21 lbs and that helped but the lift is not what I expected. I've had 5 liftd trucks that all rode better (Of course those werent solid axles). I may switch over to a long arm. I would hate to spend te money if this is just the nature of the beast!
I can't speak from experience but everything I've heard the long arms are the way to go both for on road comfort and off road comfort.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Mall Crawler stage 1 done- 38x15.5 uds and 4.5" AEV