Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ultimate Mall Crawler stage 1 done- 38x15.5 uds and 4.5" AEV

Old 02-06-2012, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate Mall Crawler stage 1 done- 38x15.5 uds and 4.5" AEV

My goal with this build was to scare soccer moms and small kids as I pulled into the Gap to buy a nice new sweater vest!! Now that Ive gotten it out of the way that I a am complete poser-

The build-
AEV 4.5"Premium
1" Teraflex coil spacers
18x10 Moto Metal 961
38x15.5x18 Nitto MudGrapplers
Smitty side armor
Bumper Caps
Pilot Driving lights/Sylvania bulbs

The good-
I like the way it came out aesthetically. I am SHOCKED i really dont have to regear, still plenty of power. I may regear because I like to go fast from a stop but honestly, not needed even with 38's.

The Bad-
I had a local HACK SHOP thats not a vendor do the work and the Jeep rides lke shit and feels very unsafe. The steering wheel literally rocks back and forth in my hand three inches each way at any speed and the car is WAY LOOSE. When I picked up the car the first night, the shop didnt have time to align it and said that was the cause of the poor driving. I dropped it off the next morning and told them they had to fix it and the car was absolutley unnaceptable. I picked it up that night and drove it home, no difference. The shop owner said thats just the nature of the big tires,I knew it was bullshit, this thing is SCARY to drive. THE NEXT DAY I drove it out to Off Road Evolution. Within 1 minute Mel told me its because of the 1" spacer!! He said that I need lower contol arms badly, that the caster was causing the problems. I have also already melted the front driveshaft boot from the shops "Exhaust Mod". I ordered front Tera LCA's and a J.E. Reel front driveshaft from Mel. They are closed this week so I have to wait until next Tuesday to drop it off. I am limping it around until then. ON TOP OF THIS, the shop sends me a bill today for $300 for labor they didnt charge on the first bill. Moral of the story,spend the extra money on reputable shop. I knew something was up when I pulled up and this dump had 2 Jeeps up front, thats on me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000789.jpg
Views:	3336
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	274885Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000781.jpg
Views:	7442
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	274886Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000785.jpg
Views:	4042
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	274887Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000783.jpg
Views:	3638
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	274888
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000780.jpg
Views:	3385
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	275055

Last edited by VETTETHRET; 02-06-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do this to your tailgate...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...LED-lighting!)
Old 02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

thats a big mall crawler, pop it up on a curb! sux to hear about the first shop but live and learn i guess
Old 02-06-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Looking sweet

The JK looks great! But come on man......there is a reason Mel's shop is the most coveted shop in the JK world to have work on your rig, and he is so close to you! Glad the EVO crew straightened out your problems Seriously, if I could do it all over again, the hack shop in my town that did my original lift and left me with 1 1/2 years of deathwobbles would not even be in the picture. I feel your pain brother. Your rig looks awesome
Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GCM 2
The JK looks great! But come on man......there is a reason Mel's shop is the most coveted shop in the JK world to have work on your rig, and he is so close to you! Glad the EVO crew straightened out your problems Seriously, if I could do it all over again, the hack shop in my town that did my original lift and left me with 1 1/2 years of deathwobbles would not even be in the picture. I feel your pain brother. Your rig looks awesome
The only reason why I didnt go with them first is that they were quite a bit higher just on PARTS than two other shops. I have no problem paying more labor for their expertise, but not parts. I went over this with Mel. Its funny when you pull up to one shop and they have two Jeeps, then you pull up to ORE and they have 15!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan L
Got new bumpers coming
Old 02-06-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

At least after your trip to EVO, Mel has you now on the right track! You'll love it once it's dialed in. My 09 JKU Rubicon was GREAT on 37's... can't wait to see how my new 12 is!

Rock on with the Corvettes... me got that fever too!!!!!

Congratulations on the New Rigg!!!! VERY COOOL!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

get the ugly yellow advertising off the side step!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by j33p4life
get the ugly yellow advertising off the side step!
I know, I am going to detail it this week and it is coming off.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by livin
At least after your trip to EVO, Mel has you now on the right track! You'll love it once it's dialed in. My 09 JKU Rubicon was GREAT on 37's... can't wait to see how my new 12 is!

Rock on with the Corvettes... me got that fever too!!!!!

Congratulations on the New Rigg!!!! VERY COOOL!!!!
Anyone who restores like you do is a die hard fan. I'll either be getting a C7 or a 2013 Viper. Decisions!

Quick Reply: Ultimate Mall Crawler stage 1 done- 38x15.5 uds and 4.5" AEV