Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ultimate Air Mounting Locations

Old 06-21-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate Air Mounting Locations

I am looking for a good spot to mount a 10 pound bottle of CO2 in the back of a 4 door. I have the mounting bracket, but not sure where I want to drill.

Post up some pics so I can get some good ideas!
Old 06-21-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Mine is not a 4 door, but if you pick up the roll bar brackets, you don't have to drill into the tub. I have an 8 lb fire extinguisher mounted in a snap ring on the pass side tub - you might be able to fit it there if you can find a snap ring big enough to fit the 10 lb bottle. I do know that the 2 door rear roll bars are more upright than the 4 door - the 4 door are at more of an angle toward the front of the Jeep - you have plenty of room to mount the bottle to the roll bar in your 4 door.

Personally, I like having it on the roll bar - it seems more secure there. My 10 lb Powertank (full of CO2 plus the weight of the regulator and guard) weighs in just under 30 lbs. Just my opinion - FWIW

Here are a couple of pics - one of the PT mounted on the roll bar, and one of my fire extinguisher mounted in the snap ring. I got the snap ring at a local fire supply store, but don't know if they have one big enough for a 10 lb bottle.

Powertank mounted on drivers side roll bar in a 2 door - I pulled my backseat out shortly after mounting the PT - the 14.75 lb that you see in the picture is the weigh of the bottle (dry) minus the regulator and guard)

Fire Extinguisher mounted in a snap ring on pass side tub:

Hope this helps.

JD

Last edited by jd1066; 06-21-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I found my 10lb tank just a little bit too big for the roll bar mount in a 2 door with the back seat, the 5lb tank fits easily.

Also, the 5lb will mount to the rear side of the storage compartment leaving just enough room to open the compartment door. With the 10lb tank here, you have to remove the tank to access the compartment.
I'd like to bolt the angled QD floor mount down to the Tuffy rear compartment door, for carrying a 15lb tank. Haven't mocked it up yet, however, but it should be feasable.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks - I just ordered the large roll bar clamps from Powertank & will give that a try. Hoping it will bolt up ok to my Ultimate Air bracket.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:17 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Slag
I am looking for a good spot to mount a 10 pound bottle of CO2 in the back of a 4 door. I have the mounting bracket, but not sure where I want to drill.

Post up some pics so I can get some good ideas!

Iam interested in this as well. I have the 10lb bottle that I mount with the hard top on in the back roll bar, with the soft top it wont mount there so I have the PowerTank bag. Any new Ideas would be totaly cool.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Powertank on top of the sub seems a good option!!

Quick Reply: Ultimate Air Mounting Locations