Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ultimate Air is on its way!

Old 06-24-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Slag, thanks.

redrockin7, if you go to the company site and click on 'Specs' at the top of the home page, you'll see a spreadsheet that approximates the practical lifespan of a bottle. The table is based on pounds change. Taking a 33x12.50 from 25 psi to 35 psi takes only ~20 seconds with a 10# bottle and I'll be able to do it on the order of 35 times(!) before needing a refill.

Translation: that's airing down (to where I'm comfortable) and going back to normal street pressure nine times on my 33x11.50-shod JK, or four times each x two vehicles. Good stuff for ten or twelve bucks a fill locally.

There are guys here on the board with far more ingenuity than I possess, successfully building their own systems. It's possible to source this stuff yourself and save a little money, but for such a nice, turn-key kit with a lifetime warranty, I don't think you're going to do a lot better than Ultimate Air.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do like the Ultimate Air systems but my only concern is the temp. The site says "This product is not to be stored or used at temperatures above 120°F"

It easily reaches that here every day in the summer inside a vehicle. Has anyone with experience with these onboard C02 systems had any issues with the pressure relief valve in really hot weather?

Last edited by BLACKSTONE; 06-27-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ARsahara
I do like the Ultimate Air systems but my only concern is the temp. The site says "This product is not to be stored or used at temperatures above 120°F"

It easily reaches that here every day in the summer inside a vehicle. Has anyone with experience with these onboard C02 systems had any issues with the pressure relief valve in really hot weather?
Great point and great question.

I would think some Moab masters would have some info about this,...?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

UPDATE w/pics

Got my Ultimate-Air ten pound CO2 system installed today. Took a little monkeying around to find the right position for the bottle; it's a tight fit on a 2-door JK and there is a bend in the sport bar unlike the straight bar on the UnLtd. (I wanted to avoid taking up valuable storage space behind the rear seats so I opted for UA's aluminum bar clamps.)

I added a 24" piece of vinyl covered cable and a padlock to prevent an enterprising thief from walking away with my bottle. I intended on getting the pressed on cable ends for loops that would be more difficult to defeat, but these clamps with a dab of green Locktite on the screws will serve my purposes well enough. No, I won't be bombing around town with my bottle mounted all the time, but security is an issue I always consider.

I'm very happy with the product. I'm looking forward to using it on the trail, and I can't comment enough about the product knowledge and excellent after sale care I received from Ultimate-Air.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Air is on its way!