Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

tuner? decisions?

Old 06-08-2014, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuner? decisions?

Hello i am making a custom rear mounted turbo, using a hostel hx 35. And i am wondering what tuner would be suggested, as i will need a custom tune. ( i dont care what you have to say about my turbo ). Period. Its my jeep. My issues my pain. I am looking at the bully dog? But can they work with turbos? What about superchips? Hypertech?

Thank you for info and help its much appreciated
Old 06-10-2014, 06:40 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None of the ones you mentioned will give you the level of custom tuning you need for what you are planning to do.

Diablo is about the only one on the market that does but it requires that you have dealer software (pricey) and they arent really that good to begin with. I heard through the grape vine that a few other companies are coming to market for the JK but nothing definitive yet.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Someone mentioned prodigy
Old 06-12-2014, 04:46 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 205 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Jp3792
Hello i am making a custom rear mounted turbo, using a hostel hx 35. And i am wondering what tuner would be suggested, as i will need a custom tune. ( i dont care what you have to say about my turbo ). Period. Its my jeep. My issues my pain. I am looking at the bully dog? But can they work with turbos? What about superchips? Hypertech?

Thank you for info and help its much appreciated
Diablosport is what I've used for custom tune. Some tuners use a dyno, and others use email where you gather trend data with the tuner, email the data, and then install the custom tune that's emailed back -- repeat as necessary.

Having said all that, anytime a tune is downloaded there is a chance that the PCM will get corrupted. It happened to me, and there are similar stories with other brands. It's apparently rare, but it ticked me off enough that I decided there wasn't any appreciable gain on this little naturally aspirated engine, and it wasn't worth the risk or my time. However, your turbo has a whole different risk/reward ratio.

Bottom line is that I've a Triinty 1000 doing nothing, if you're interested shoot me a PM.

Last edited by Mr.T; 06-12-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

As it's already been mentioned, no programmer by itself will do any good without a tune being written and loaded. I understand wanting to add power but you might want to look into a shop that has the capability to tune it for you before you install the turbo. Chrylsers coding blows and is archaic. Most shops around me can't or won't touch my Jeep with a supercharger. My kit came with a Diablo Trinity but it only serves as the tool to get the pre-written tune loaded. You can turn off all the traction related devices, TPM sensors, and a few other non engine management functions but it won't make your ride drivable.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: tuner? decisions?