Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tuffy Full Console installed with pics!

Old 07-21-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vedo13
I've done a thread search, but I can't seem to find an installation write up. I would have sworn there was one. I've got one on order, and i'm installing a Uniden 510 cb in it when I install it. I also will have to hook up the power to the rear windows when I do it, and I'm looking for some tips or guides from someone who has a similar set up. Can't wait to get it!!

Vedo
The directions that come with it are pretty detailed.

Things to keep in mind:

-You install the CB before you install the console, so you will want to pre-run your antenna wire and external speaker wire (you will need an external speaker) to the center console area.

-You can pull power off the left lighter outlet on the dash (if you want switched power) to power both the cb and the internal console 12 volt outlet. This is easiest once factory console has been removed.

-Rear power window switch is re-used from factory console and just snaps in place, nothing much to do there.

-Double check that transmission surround is flush and level before you bolt everything down (DAMHIK).

-I ran an audio cable out of the aux port on the stereo, behind the dash panel and into the console so I can run a MP3 player and keep it in the console without a bunch of wires hanging around.

It's a great console! Enjoy!
Old 07-21-2010, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is definitely on my list of must have items.

Quick Reply: Tuffy Full Console installed with pics!