Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tuffy Full Console installed with pics!

Old 06-18-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reviving this thread:

For the guys that have installed this console, did you remove the seats as Tuffy recommends in the instructions or work around them?

Did you have to drill any extra holes in your Jeep?

I am really thinking about this console.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

No drilling. It would have been easier with both seats out, but I only unbolted the passenger seat and moved it around to get where I needed. Of course I used the philips screws to screw the hard to reach side mounting points, when I could have used the hex heads and used a wrench....but hey...you live you learn right? Besides it is more secure that way.

Still loving the console. It blends right in and I dont even notice it anymore. Just the armrest is perfect!!!! Did I mention that before? The armrest is beautiful!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Audiophiliac
No drilling. It would have been easier with both seats out, but I only unbolted the passenger seat and moved it around to get where I needed. Of course I used the philips screws to screw the hard to reach side mounting points, when I could have used the hex heads and used a wrench....but hey...you live you learn right? Besides it is more secure that way.

Still loving the console. It blends right in and I dont even notice it anymore. Just the armrest is perfect!!!! Did I mention that before? The armrest is beautiful!!!
Thanks for the info....I'm going to have to put that console on my list now.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone who did this with a black interior and looking to sell the original lid?
Old 07-05-2008, 02:44 AM
JK Jedi

Impressive!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Freak

I likey! Any chance on the price coming down? Its not like it come with a flat screen TV in there or anything.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

So to everyone running this, how has it held up over time? What does the pad look like afte r a couple years of abuse?
Old 07-07-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Nice Job

Alfy
Old 07-07-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Newbie

Mines not too old, only a few months, but its been on more than a few outtings and is holding up great! Only thing I don't like about this IS the small aluminum box they give you. I pulled it out as it WILL cut your fingers/hand eventually because the edges are way too sharp. I'll mod it with a platform or another tray inside when I get around to it. It is VERY deep but that can be a problem too.

It does hold you CB perfectly though. I mounted my mike right behind it above the drink holders.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've done a thread search, but I can't seem to find an installation write up. I would have sworn there was one. I've got one on order, and i'm installing a Uniden 510 cb in it when I install it. I also will have to hook up the power to the rear windows when I do it, and I'm looking for some tips or guides from someone who has a similar set up. Can't wait to get it!!

Vedo

Quick Reply: Tuffy Full Console installed with pics!