Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tube Fenders

Old 04-07-2008, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tube Fenders

I Want To See Some Pics With Tube Fenders Steel Or Zenon. And If Steel Who Makes Them. Thanks
Old 04-07-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=tube+fenders
Old 04-08-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by planman
The contour of the body and thin body metal make the tolerances for steel flares very tricky. Furthermore, unless the steel tube flares are tied-in to the frame, front bumper, and/or rocker guards, you will experience serious body damage if you use tube flares on a JK as "armor."

On a TJ or YJ, you can actually buy steel tube fenders replacement fenders. On a JK, you are just buying flares.

This is why it is so difficult for vendors to fab steel tube flares for JKs in bulk.

I belive that the only way to really do it with steel correctly would be to have a system that ties into the frame, rocker guards and rear bumper--similar to the old Rev111 principle.

just said the same thing in the purejeep fender thread..

I think Offroad evolutions is a good step in the right direction
Old 04-08-2008, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

i love my xenons

Old 04-08-2008, 09:01 AM
JK Jedi Master

I've just rubbed alot of trees and rubbed the flares on mud/rock walls. The body is dent in along the top of the rear flares and the front flare.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Offroad Evolutions on the Optima Jeep definintly look good.

Check the EJS gallery for pics.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FunN4Lo
Offroad Evolutions on the Optima Jeep definintly look good.

Check the EJS gallery for pics.
They "look good," but Mel will be the first one to tell you: "they're TIN." Which means the won't take a hit.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dayton
They "look good," but Mel will be the first one to tell you: "they're TIN." Which means the won't take a hit.
Really? I would've figured they where pretty well built. They looked it. Have you seen them in person?
Old 04-08-2008, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FunN4Lo
Really? I would've figured they where pretty well built. They looked it. Have you seen them in person?
Yup. I was at ORE last... Thursday. Mel's rig is out front and I said: "Why aren't you making those fenders." Mel: "They're tin." Me: "Oh, ok."

By the way, the fenders on the Optima Jeep are NOT tin and they are not in production. I spoke with the Optima guys last year at the Fall Off Road Expo and they said the fenders took forever to build and they would not be making anymore.

ORE has some killer stuff coming out soon. Look at the EJS pix for a sample. Mel has some new front and rear body panels (as shown on the Optima Jeep) that are serious and will support a tube fender... whenever one is released.

Last edited by Dayton; 04-08-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dayton
ORE has some killer stuff coming out soon. Look at the EJS pix for a sample. Mel has some new front and rear body panels (as shown on the Optima Jeep) that are serious and will support a tube fender... whenever one is released.
I think that is what I was thinking of. The panels look really sturdy. Is the Optima jeep at Mels shop? I may have to cruise down and check it out. Not sure I want to know what they cost though.

Quick Reply: Tube Fenders