Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tube Door Wrapping with Nylon webbing...?

Old 09-13-2012, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tube Door Wrapping with Nylon webbing...?

I hope this would be the right place for this thread.

I have the Olympic Safari Tube doors for my JK and instead of buying the net that goes with them I was thinking of getting Military style nylon webbing and wrapping them.

My JK is a black 4dr Rubi Unlimited with blue grill inserts. I want to do a M.O.L.L.E style wrap. I've narrowed down the choices of the nylon to OD Green and Black since I don't like the color tone of the blue. Again this is an idea that I have and would like to have some input from fellow Jeepers as which color nylon would look good. I'm kinda leaning towards the OD Green instead of Black, what do you guys think?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

How are you going to do the wrapping?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

How to wrap them...that part is still up in the air. I have thought of a few ways to do it though. I could take the strands put buttons/buckles/etc. on them wrap (vertically) and snap then weave other stands (horizontally), then find a sewing machine to stich the intersections. Or, find a flat piece of nylon backing large enough (kinda like Smittybuilt's tailgate cargo cover, but blank) then lay out the strands and sew ever so often, and make attachment points to mount to the tubes.

If anyone has any ideas how to wrap, I'm all ears.

Just need to come to a decision on which color OD Green or Black and get the materials, then it'll give me something to do over the winter.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

Seems to me like black is pretty universal color, will go with any other color scheme...
Old 09-13-2012, 03:48 PM
JK Junkie

I agree with JK-UTE, Black is the way to go. Keep us updated, I'ld like to see the finished product.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the thoughts, I guess I'm gonna go with black. I will keep y'all posted, once I order the webbing and decide how I want to fasten to the tube doors.

Quick Reply: Tube Door Wrapping with Nylon webbing...?