Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trying new light set-up - Let me know what you think

Old 09-02-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do you need that kind of lighting there? Wouldn't the bumper be a better place?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your squirts wont work very well *L*
Old 09-02-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

JDK has similar circular hood mounted lights. IMO hood mounted lights is a smart location - the location keeps the lights from being smashed in brush and away from winch lines (if bumper mounted).

I have a 12" Rigid Inds lightbar on the hood and zero regrets, but the lights you choose are huge

The squirts can be resolved, I added a splitter to the stock water tube and added dual squirts, one on each side of the lightbar, can just see them in the photo below.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

My opinion would be to use those square lights, but in different locations. I would put two on the bumper and run two for windshield lights. I like the square shape, however If I were to mount lights on the hood I would choose LED's or smaller rectangle lights.

Dont get me wrong, It doesnt look bad and everyone has their own opinion. I just think that would look best.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by westchester
The squirts can be resolved, I added a splitter to the stock water tube and added dual squirts, one on each side of the lightbar, can just see them in the photo below.
I waas mostly joking about the squirts, mine work better at washing the back of the soft top than the window
Old 09-02-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I waas mostly joking about the squirts, mine work better at washing the back of the soft top than the window
I hear you Happy, you're right, my two washers at half pressure now hit the right spot.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't care for it but hey it's your Jeep and it would definitely be different!

I am going to go with the front bumper mounts and side windsheild mounts as well. I don't want anything obstructing my view when wheeling.

Quick Reply: Trying new light set-up - Let me know what you think