Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Truck or Jeep?

Old 08-02-2012, 07:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dad bout my jku for him but he said he missed having a truck so he was about to trade my jeep in until i told him i wanted to keep it because i was about to start to drive so he got his yota and last hunting season he got stuck and called me had to walk about a mile and i pulled him out and i told him aww dont you wish you had a jeep he got mad because i kept telling him my jeep is better that his taco but thw point being if your going to off road alot i say get a jk or a tj or even a cj
Old 08-02-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, you could just get a Jeep Truck I love my J10!

Old 08-02-2012, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey OP - I was in your shoes exactly and traded my Titan on a JK. Love the ease of maneuverability plus a Jeep is bad ass. I left the family b/c I thought I needed a truck...happy to be back! What's the point of having a truck bed you only need a few times a month...and a roof that isn't removable?

FWIW - I do a lot of woodworking and bought a 4x8 folding trailer from Harbor Freight for the few times a month I need to get lumber or plywood. I'm not going to swear by the quality of said trailer but if you build it right, wire it better than instructed and grease it...it does the trick and you have a 'removable' truck bed behind your JK!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:37 PM
JK Newbie

I felt the same way when I had my 7.3 powerstroke so I saved up and got a older tj for 3500 for a cheap deal and had to fix some of it. Truck and jeep equals the world hope this helps
Old 08-02-2012, 09:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow! This thread got alot more attention than I thought it was going to get. Honestly, since I've owned the truck I only have used the bed maybe 10 times at most. The 2 things that I couldn't see using a Jeep for that the truck worked great for, (1) going to the dump (2) getting firewood. But this goes back to the option of just buying a cheap trailer. My parents took over my grandparents truck when they passed, so I'm sure if I NEEDED a truck bed. I could probably get one. Only downer is it has a 454!

For those who said sell the Audi. It's kinda hard to part with it because it's paid off and my fiance drives it to work. She drove a older (2000-ish) Honda and I wasn't a fan of it.

The truck gets tons of attention and my commute is not long at all. My town is very small, you can get just about anywhere you want in town in about 5 mins or less from my house. So mileage isn't a huge factor.

For the 2012 guys, how do your engines hold up when lifted? Either on 35's or 37's. I have been out of the Jeep world for a few months. The RIPP supercharger doesn't work on the new engines, right?
Old 08-02-2012, 10:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stuka
You know, you could just get a Jeep Truck I love my J10!

Not gonna lie, I've been looking these up on the local Craigslist.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TreyJkOrlando
Chevy runs deep
I sold probably my most favorite vehicle of all to get into the JK and Audi. Did a 2 for 1 deal. 07 Duramax on 40's with a 15" custom lift. It was just plain stupid fun. It had everything, POWER, looks, mileage, room but personal issues came up and had to move on.

I sold it cause I was going in for my 3rd surgery and wouldn't be able to get into it. Plus I wouldn't trust anyone else driving it. So had to get something a little smaller (JK).

Oh and my love for Jeeps. My Doberman's name is Rubi.

This is when I first got my girls, last summer. English Bulldog and Doberman.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TJnowsoontobeJK

I sold probably my most favorite vehicle of all to get into the JK and Audi. Did a 2 for 1 deal. 07 Duramax on 40's with a 15" custom lift. It was just plain stupid fun. It had everything, POWER, looks, mileage, room but personal issues came up and had to move on.

I sold it cause I was going in for my 3rd surgery and wouldn't be able to get into it. Plus I wouldn't trust anyone else driving it. So had to get something a little smaller (JK).

Oh and my love for Jeeps. My Doberman's name is Rubi.

This is when I first got my girls, last summer. English Bulldog and Doberman.
Beautiful truck. Beautiful dogs. That's what I like to see. I lost my English bulldog a while ago. I miss him like crazy sometimes.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:36 AM
JK Newbie

ok gorgeous chevy! and gorgeous ford! (love the bulldog ive had 2 they are great dogs)

i recently sold my 12 jk sport and bought a 12 ram 1500 ive always loved trucks since i was young and its great being 6'3 i was always a little crammed in the jeep

but ill tell you what i miss it like crazy it doesnt help that truck is still stock but i think ill always miss my jeep so i will probably buy and old tj or yj so i can beat on it and have the truck as my daily
Old 08-03-2012, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Went from my Beast to the Jeep...( Soon to be a Beast) I miss the truck every now and then. Have a trailer if I need to haul big items. Stoked that I have the jeep. Good luck deciding!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3119094146.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	348967   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2806148600.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	348968  

Quick Reply: Truck or Jeep?