Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Truck or Jeep?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck or Jeep?

When I bought my house I had to sell my JK. Now I really miss it. I got a good deal on a truck so I bought it and currently have it up for sale. My main reasons for buying the truck were for things around the house, Home Depot, Lowes, etc... I am not planning any big renovations or anything like that where I'll need a truck bed. I seem to keep going back and forth between Wranglers and fullsize trucks. When I'm in the truck I miss the get in and out or parking lots easy. Easy to manuever, fun to drive. I don't know, just something about a JEEP that always gets me to come back. The only major thing that I didn't like about my previous JK is the lack of power. I think a RIPP supercharger would be a must or something similar.

Anyone else go through this? Should I just keep the truck and look for a older TJ or even YJ?

My current truck:

F150 lifted 8" on 20x10 Fuel Wheels with 37" Toyo's. Oh and I also have a B6 Audi A4 ultraspot.

Old Jeep: (still own the Audi in the pic)

I've been going back and forth between Jeeps and trucks for the past 5 years or so. Anyone sell a truck for a Jeep and now regret that? Post thoughts. Sorry for the long boring post.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sell the car and have both truck and Jeep.. :-D
Old 08-02-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

I feel the same, I just sold my diesel and miss the power. It looks like u own a few vehicles so I'd say get another Jk and keep the truck. I plan on getting an older truck just for the sake of having a truck bed for the quad and house stuff. You can always have the best of both worlds of u can part ways with a car for a jeep. Just my .02
Old 08-02-2012, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just traded in a 2008 2WD quad cab Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi that had a few little power adders and a diablo sport programmer. I miss the power. But I love my Jeep. I got the 2012 with the Pentastar, so I'm not really feeling the lack of power that everyone talks about, and as for the toys and stuff around the house, I've got a small single axle trailer that's plenty.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

^^what rogue said, get a trailer to pull with the Jeep
Old 08-02-2012, 03:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that's what trailers are for!

Old 08-02-2012, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OH9JK
that's what trailers are for!
I now have trailer envy....
Old 08-02-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I would honestly say keep the truck and get an older Jeep like a TJ or YJ. Or, sell the car (unless you feel a need for it or really like it). Reason I say this: your truck seems to do it all: has power, comfort, towing ability, can carry people, and carry goods in the back that you wouldn't want inside a Jeep. I got a sweet deal on my JK last year, so I had it, a Camaro Z28, and a Cherokee XJ. Sold the Camaro 6 months ago, got a 2 door, short bed 2WD Silverado in April, and sold the XJ about 2 days later. I have never looked back: I like being able to put things like rock, dirt, pavers, concrete mix, furniture, tools, etc in my truck and keep the inside of the JK clean (still have carpeting inside). Also, the truck is my daily driver of my daily ~80 mile drive round trip for work, so (for the JK) I keep the mileage down, save my tires, and save some money for mods. Also, older Wranglers have the 4.0: easy to find parts for, bullet proof, and still a power house. If I didn't get a great deal on my JK, I would probably have a TJ as my fun vehicle. I had a truck in 2010 and sold it. From then until 2012, I have no idea how I lived without a truck. Depends on your lifestyle.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice truck.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Look into a jk8, good compromise, still a jeep and has a bed

Quick Reply: Truck or Jeep?