Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Triple steering stabilizer!!

Old 07-04-2009, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cpray
everyone on this forum puts unecessary stuff on their jeep, but as soon as there is a post about a stabilizer upgrade everyone goes apeshit and makes it a point to say you are wasting your money blah blah blah......don't worry about justifying yourself, just do what you want to do.
Thanks cpray
Old 07-04-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Biff Malibu
If bumps or potholes are making your steering wheel move, you have something wrong.
So your saying people with 37s don't get any kind of bump steer when on rough roads or hitting potholes?? Because every vehicle that I've owned with over sized tires when you hit rough terain the steering wheel can shimmy!
Old 07-04-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blk08wrangler
i think the real issue is not to many know what the steering stabilizer is for, so when somebody adds 3 that becomes 3 times more harder to figure out
I know exactly what a steering stabilizer is for. It's basically a shock for your steering!
Old 07-04-2009, 07:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mgeorge15
So all you guys are saying is that even though every company out there makes a steering stabilizer that they do absolutely nothing???
George, I don't fault you for putting that double stabilizer on your rig. Not my preference and I believe it's superfluous, but as it's been said, this is YOUR Jeep.

However, I gotta ask you about your statement above. Manufacturers sell alotta shit because people buy it, not because it's necessary.

The analogy I'll provide is in the sportbike world. Steering stabilizers are very popular, but provided the bike is set up correctly (spring rates, sag, etc.), stabilizers are most often not needed. They remain one of the most popular and fast selling mods though because they look trick when viewed from the parking lot of the local Starbucks.

Back to Jeeps. There are scads of near useless items you can purchase from the big warehouse suppliers. So just because it's for sale doesn't mean it's worth investing in.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mgeorge15
So your saying people with 37s don't get any kind of bump steer when on rough roads or hitting potholes?? Because every vehicle that I've owned with over sized tires when you hit rough terain the steering wheel can shimmy!
I run 37's and the only time my steering wheel moves without my input, is from rocks and ruts. My steering doesn't move over bumps.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stickerboy111
What is the point of that? I don't get it. I could see if you had 52" tires on it or something like that, but wow! that is overkill if I have ever seen it.
hehe please refer to the photo you are describing ?

hehe, so what does the steering stabilizer do anyway?
Old 07-04-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

When I broke my stock SS, I had a shimmy when I hit certain bumps. When I replaced it, the shimmy went away. To say their useless, is wrong.

Quick Reply: Triple steering stabilizer!!