Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Triple steering stabilizer!!

Old 07-03-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be fine with 1 or 2 SS... not 3
Old 07-03-2009, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
i'm running 35's and i'm still using my stock stabilizer, and it works just fine, i don't see why they make aftermarket stabilizers judging from my jeep
-but, to each their own!
I don’t agree with three, even with 42inch tires two should be good. I can see someone making a show car put four on if they make it look good and unique.
However, to your comment as to why they make aftermarket sheering stabilizers. They make them because the stock ones are garbage unless you’re a soccermom. I have gone through 3 stock ones under warranty, 2 of which were with stock tires and 1 with 33’s. on the 4th failure (while still under warranty)I opted to upgrade and never looked back.

Ps now I my going with 38inch tires and your saying the stock one could keep it straight? Maybe for 5miles.

I am just say this guy might have over killed or not thought the look though, but your comment was an over kill too.

Just a piss off, sorry for the book. Now lets go for a beer lol
Old 07-03-2009, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

What ever floats your boat bud
Old 07-03-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everytime I see a thread start about steering stabilizers, I see the same thing.
I think there is some confusion on what a steering stabilizer is actually supposed to do.
It's sole intended purpose is to minimize the shock sent through the steering system that is transmitted from hitting irregularities in the road. If your Jeep isn't tracking straight while driving, then something else is wrong.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I said it helps the thing keep driving straight I ment as far as when you hit bumps or potholes in the road it doesn't want to pull the steering wheel either direction. I know it's not going to make it drive straight just cruisin down the highway.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If bumps or potholes are making your steering wheel move, you have something wrong.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

So all you guys are saying is that even though every company out there makes a steering stabilizer that they do absolutely nothing???
Old 07-03-2009, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

everyone on this forum puts unecessary stuff on their jeep, but as soon as there is a post about a stabilizer upgrade everyone goes apeshit and makes it a point to say you are wasting your money blah blah blah......don't worry about justifying yourself, just do what you want to do.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Does this really make any sense?
Old 07-03-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cpray
everyone on this forum puts unecessary stuff on their jeep, but as soon as there is a post about a stabilizer upgrade everyone goes apeshit and makes it a point to say you are wasting your money blah blah blah......don't worry about justifying yourself, just do what you want to do.
i think the real issue is not to many know what the steering stabilizer is for, so when somebody adds 3 that becomes 3 times more harder to figure out

Quick Reply: Triple steering stabilizer!!