Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trimmed Fender thread post ur pics here!

Old 09-26-2011, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does your skill at carpentry matter much with this mod? I want to do it bit not sure if I have the shop experience.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome Thread!

Imma do this soooooon in my black sahara! I like easing in the front with a slight curve. Looks badazzzzz!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is my contribution
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1396645566.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	222124   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3436920458.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	222125  
Old 10-14-2011, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have noticed that some of you have kept the inner fender and some of you haven't. Is there a benefit to keep it or get rid of it? I am referring to the portion that covers the engine compartment in the front. I understand that it will keep the elements out of the engine compartment (i.e. mud) but would it help in cooling the engine compartment if they were removed? Just wondering. Thanks in advance for the response
Old 10-27-2011, 12:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Auggie
I have noticed that some of you have kept the inner fender and some of you haven't. Is there a benefit to keep it or get rid of it? I am referring to the portion that covers the engine compartment in the front. I understand that it will keep the elements out of the engine compartment (i.e. mud) but would it help in cooling the engine compartment if they were removed? Just wondering. Thanks in advance for the response
I think the only advantage to keeping them is keeping crud out of engine compartment. I kept mine but if I lived in climate with no snow they would be gone
Old 12-03-2011, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Done last year!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3184213725.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	244832   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3733383126.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	244833   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2959378968.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	244834  
Old 12-05-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

Default Fantastic!

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash

Crash, that looks awsome mate! I might even get away with something like that with the lil lady AND the law! Even though in my house, sometimes they're considered the same..... she's not a cop, but I gotta be a good boy!

Cheers!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redrockin7
Finished my chopped fender mod today... Here are some photos:

@Redrockin - this looks amazing, I love the way you did the cut and im looking to do the same. Have you had any problems with wind at highway speeds? Are they flimsy at all? Did you keep your liners under the front fenders to add strength? Again, looks mean!

@Everyone - Ive definately got the "fender chop itch" and definately contemplateing doing this. Would anyone say it would be wise to make a cardboard cut-out template for the front and rear flares, place on flares and trace with chalk (or something) and then tape to ensure matching lines on both sides? Just thinking what is the best way to do this, not going to lie and say im not nervous of cutting into them, but BW's are too rich for my blood at the moment. Any info would be great, Thanks all!

@Oregon Jeepers - Anyone from OR do a fender chop?? Any harrassment from local smokies? I know I read that the fenders have to cover the width of the tires (mine dont anyways) but i'm just wondering what I can get away with before I start chopping and then have to scrap them due to excessive ticketing, I already have a bit of a reputation with the police and dont need anymore admirers. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went with a little smaller than the typical trim job.

I was able to get everything painted, the stock front inner fenders put back in with some trimming and added the standard door trim

Gotta make room for the new meats

Old 12-20-2011, 11:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Settle
I went with a little smaller than the typical trim job.

I was able to get everything painted, the stock front inner fenders put back in with some trimming and added the standard door trim

Gotta make room for the new meats
Do you have your 3" lift installed in those pics? I have been wanting to fender trim mine, but still have stockers as well. If that is stock Rubi suspension with Flats, that's a hellova lot of room.

I like.

Quick Reply: Trimmed Fender thread post ur pics here!