Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trimmed Fender thread post ur pics here!

Old 03-06-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I just cut my fenders and added the door trim but found that my cuts weren't very straight... The door trim shows minor "curvyness" throughout the cut and this is something that I haven't seen on any of your chops. All of your cuts look very straight edged. Anybody else run into this? Any ideas how to fix It's really bugging me. I used a handheld saw powered by my compressor. The blade is the flexible type.. Thanks
Old 03-06-2010, 03:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DjCO2
Hey guys, I just cut my fenders and added the door trim but found that my cuts weren't very straight... The door trim shows minor "curvyness" throughout the cut and this is something that I haven't seen on any of your chops. All of your cuts look very straight edged. Anybody else run into this? Any ideas how to fix It's really bugging me. I used a handheld saw powered by my compressor. The blade is the flexible type.. Thanks
after you make the cuts sand them down
Old 03-06-2010, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

What type of sand paper (grade, block, wet, dry) should I use? Thanks
Old 03-06-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

get a variety pack at an auto parts store. I'd assume you'll want something HD like 80 grit and up. Use a block to get it smooth. A long block would be better I guess. And dry, not wet.

This is all based on knowledge but I haven't experienced trimming mine yet.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

What type of sand paper (grade, block, wet, dry) should I use? Thanks
Get a foam (80 grit) sanding block from Lowe's/Home Depot. Works like a charm for sanding down the "imperfections".
Old 03-06-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Cool thanks guys. I'll get some pics up sooner than later I hope..
Old 03-06-2010, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cut mine with a dremel. Took 2 discs total. Used a razor knife to clean off the burrs in the plastic after. Just gotta go to the store and get some door trim stuff.

I basically just trimmed away the vertical part of the fender, and tapered it at the bottom to prevent damage from the rocks.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you use a grinder with a cut-off wheel, you can slice off any small areas, pretty easy to make the entire length smooth and consistent. I agree with using sandpaper for final step but I think a grinder is the best tool for as you describe. A cheap grinder is about $30.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Yea I think I'm gonna have to buy a grinder because I took off the door trim and it left a sh1t load of adhesive that can be removed with goo gone and patience... but I think the hardware store was sold out of the second thing because I just couldn't find any anywhere .
Well, here she is...

I gotta say, she looks a lot more like a JEEP now.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I think I'm gonna have to buy a grinder because I took off the door trim and it left a sh1t load of adhesive that can be removed with goo gone and patience... but I think the hardware store was sold out of the second thing because I just couldn't find any anywhere .
Well, here she is...

I gotta say, she looks a lot more like a JEEP now.

Very nice!!!

Quick Reply: Trimmed Fender thread post ur pics here!