Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tried on my tube doors this weekend

Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those look horrible!!! send them to me before you throw them out though so we can make sure they dont look better on my jeep first! I am willing to do this just for you. No need thanking me, just go ahead and send them.

Those look great. I like the design. Do the hold upper windows and cloth covers on bottom to make soft doors too? Lookin good
Old 09-21-2010, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjmmagoo
Jeep looks really cool! I am a newbie and would love to get something like that. Living in NY has some drawbacks but the major one is security. How hard is it to put on and take off the doors? I have young kids still in car seats and a very nervous wife, how can I sell the idea in getting these, also what made you choose the Smittybuilts? I have so many things I would like to do to my Jeep. Front bumpers, new headlights, doors, soft-top, rims & tires, where do I begin and when does it end!!!lol

Your Jeep looks great!
I went with these doors because I couldn't pass up the deal I got on them. These were a return from a 4x4 parts store and they were supposedly defective and sold as is for $150. I brought them home and figured out that whoever had them bent the $hit out of one of the latches. I took bothdoors completly apart and took my time and fixed the latch by bending it back into shape and matching it with the other door that was good. The doors were brand new and with the exception of some minor sctratches, probably caused by transportation back and forth, I ended up with a set of pretty rad doors.

They were a small pain with the first installation but once you work in the hinges it's was really easy. My only complain, if you want to call it that, is that the doors were supposed to come with brackets that actually work with your factory mirrors so you can swap them back and forth. Well I got no brackets and I have been trying to buy a set from Smitty but to this day have had no luck just getting that part.

I know how you feel about the whole security issue and its just one of those things we Jeepers need to live with. I use them mainly from Friday to Monday and then the regular doors go back on. If you decide to get these or any of the other style tube or short doors you will enjoy them for sure.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 74CJ5
Well, I just rather not see my 6 year old son and 11 year old daughter back there without anything besides a seatbelt.
+1000

I have a 7 year old son and and an 11 year old daughter that I need to keep in. My daughter rode in the front this weekend and said it felt like one of the rides at Disneyworld. I guess we can add cheap entertainment for kids to the list of another reason to own a Jeep.

Quick Reply: Tried on my tube doors this weekend