Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tried on my tube doors this weekend

Old 09-20-2010, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried on my tube doors this weekend

I bought these Smittybilt XRC tube doors 2 months ago and the weather just got nice enough to try them on this weekend. The hinges were a bit of a pain but once they were seated it was pretty easy alingning the doors with the strike plates. I only have the fronts for now and will eventually get the back doors. It was a blast driving less the doors this weekend and I can't wait to put them back on again next weekend. If my jeep wasn't my DD I would leave them on all the time. Anyway here is what they look like...

Old 09-20-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good.....I need to get some!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those do look good!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Look very good!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks really good, wish I had nice enough weather here to make it worthwhile to do that. Unfortunately it's about 5degC out
Old 09-20-2010, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, they look good. Maybe I will get some one day, I think I'd have to get them painted red rock though, the whole red Jeep with black doors may look kinda tacky around town.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jerrod710
Yep, they look good. Maybe I will get some one day, I think I'd have to get them painted red rock though, the whole red Jeep with black doors may look kinda tacky around town.
I bet it would look better than you think! Esp if the rest of your jeep is red and black. Now if you have a lot of chrome--maybe not.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by a-dub
I bought these Smittybilt XRC tube doors 2 months ago and the weather just got nice enough to try them on this weekend. The hinges were a bit of a pain but once they were seated it was pretty easy alingning the doors with the strike plates. I only have the fronts for now and will eventually get the back doors. It was a blast driving less the doors this weekend and I can't wait to put them back on again next weekend. If my jeep wasn't my DD I would leave them on all the time. Anyway here is what they look like...

Looks great! Bummer about the weather.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the comments guys I will take some more pics this weekend so I can get some close up's.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny. You have just the front and I only have them on the back (for the kids). I prefer no doors so I can put my foot on the bottom hinge.

Quick Reply: Tried on my tube doors this weekend