Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trektop nx frustration

Old 05-02-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trektop nx frustration

Hi

I have a question about the installation of my trektop nx on my 2012 unlimited.

To give you the whole picture, I started installing it yesterday evening when it was only 55 degrees out ( I know, mistake...) but, I was miraculously able to get it all on without getting the tailgate bar engaged. This afternoon, I cranked up the heat and I was able to get the tailgate bar engaged.

But now, I'm on to another problem. It is impossible for me to get the plastic edges of the 1/4 windows into the slot on the door surrounds. It's very frustrating and I can't figure out why I can't do it. I am following the directions to the letter and have even tried different orders of doing things based on advice I found on this message board and others.

So, my question is, do I just leave it the way it is now (everything else is hooked up properly) and just give it a week or so and let the whole thing stretch a bit or should I just take it off and put the hardtop back on until it gets hotter here? I guess I need to know if leaving it the way it is will cause any damage to the top?

Sorry this was lengthy and I really appreciate your time.

Mike
Old 05-02-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have you tried attaching the windows with the top folded back? If that doesn't work, pics would help...
Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was tough the first time. Just get the edge by the rear door in and lay all your weight on it and it will clip in. Once you get about 2 imches in the rest should go in. Loving mine now. Had just yhe bikini top on for 4 days now wiyh 4 more good forecasts ahead. Its all worth it. Once its 80 out and you had it locked on to stretch it gets easier

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120502_220631.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	312014

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120502_220651.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	312015
Old 05-09-2012, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got a Trektop NX a couple of weeks ago and the drivers side leaks in the front corner. My floor was soaked after work today. Trying to figure it out.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jeepster
Got a Trektop NX a couple of weeks ago and the drivers side leaks in the front corner. My floor was soaked after work today. Trying to figure it out.
Did you install the supplied peel and stick gasket material?
Old 05-09-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mscotthall
Hi

I have a question about the installation of my trektop nx on my 2012 unlimited.

To give you the whole picture, I started installing it yesterday evening when it was only 55 degrees out ( I know, mistake...) but, I was miraculously able to get it all on without getting the tailgate bar engaged. This afternoon, I cranked up the heat and I was able to get the tailgate bar engaged.

But now, I'm on to another problem. It is impossible for me to get the plastic edges of the 1/4 windows into the slot on the door surrounds. It's very frustrating and I can't figure out why I can't do it. I am following the directions to the letter and have even tried different orders of doing things based on advice I found on this message board and others.

So, my question is, do I just leave it the way it is now (everything else is hooked up properly) and just give it a week or so and let the whole thing stretch a bit or should I just take it off and put the hardtop back on until it gets hotter here? I guess I need to know if leaving it the way it is will cause any damage to the top?

Sorry this was lengthy and I really appreciate your time.

Mike
Mike - it is all about the temperature. These tops are extremely tight and have to be because of the frameless design. You don't want to force it and end up tearing something.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OH9JK

Did you install the supplied peel and stick gasket material?
Yes, just rechecked the fit tonight. All supplied seals in place. I will have to do some tests with some extra weather seal on that side. It looks like the door seal isn't bumping the surround seal good. I'll get it fixed and post the solution.

Quick Reply: Trektop nx frustration