Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trek Armor Seat Covers - First Impressions and Review

Old 05-08-2013, 10:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed mine a few days ago!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0846.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	455899

Name:	IMG_0847.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	455900

Name:	IMG_0851.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	455901
Old 05-09-2013, 01:34 AM
JK Freak

These covers are awesome, but holly crap they are expensive! I will get them, but it'll be awhile!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yuriy
These covers are awesome, but holly crap they are expensive! I will get them, but it'll be awhile!
Who the every penny!

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 05-09-2013, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Yuriy
Totally worth it
Old 05-10-2013, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

Ordered some with olive inserts for my commando green yesterday...hopefully it looks good!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UNFMoose
Ordered some with olive inserts for my commando green yesterday...hopefully it looks good!
Color match is always tough, but even if they don't match, you will be very pleased with them.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Front covers just delivered, still waiting on the backs to arrive. It was getting dark when I started the install but had to stop because I couldn't get the velcro flaps from the front-top and front-bottom to push through the split in the seat cushions. Admittedly, I have hulk hands but DAMN that is a tight squeeze. I couldn't push them through so I looped rope through those little tabs to attempt to pull from behind towards the back. I was pulling so hard I felt like it would tear if I pulled any harder. The tabs make it through but there is still quite a bit of slack in the front seat, definitely not slipping through as it looks like it has for everyone else. Any idea what I could be doing wrong or how to install that step any better? Thanks guys.

PS: Other than frustration to install, the quality and look is amazing!
Old 05-11-2013, 12:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jodaworks
Front covers just delivered, still waiting on the backs to arrive. It was getting dark when I started the install but had to stop because I couldn't get the velcro flaps from the front-top and front-bottom to push through the split in the seat cushions. Admittedly, I have hulk hands but DAMN that is a tight squeeze. I couldn't push them through so I looped rope through those little tabs to attempt to pull from behind towards the back. I was pulling so hard I felt like it would tear if I pulled any harder. The tabs make it through but there is still quite a bit of slack in the front seat, definitely not slipping through as it looks like it has for everyone else. Any idea what I could be doing wrong or how to install that step any better? Thanks guys.

That was the toughest part for me as well. I used a tie down. I pushed it through to the front of the seat and hooked it to the loops and pulled them both through one at a time. I never felt as if anything was going to tear or rip, those loops are really on there and have shown to be of great quality and really strong. If was tough towards the end of the pull because the velco would catch but I just kept lifting and pulling. It shouldn't be that hard, just make sure that when pulling it isn't folded in any way and it's just a single layer going through. This might sound crazy but with the tie down I pulled it through under the rear seat and was pulling from the tailgate area to get more leverage and room...it worked!
Old 05-11-2013, 01:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jodaworks

Once I attached the upper cover to the lower one I used duct tape to cover the exposed Velcro on it. Made it a lot easier for me. Give that a shot.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a really large, really dull flathead screwdriver to push mine through from the front.the Velcro is so heavy duty that it gets caught up on the seat and won't slide through. I'd probably use packing tape before I'd use duct tape, since it has less glue and would therefore be less likely to leave residue on your covers.

Quick Reply: Trek Armor Seat Covers - First Impressions and Review