Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trek Armor Seat Covers - First Impressions and Review

Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trek armor

Just curious, does anyone know if the red inserts match the flame red color or is it different? Just returned cover king covers due to poor match. Really like the looks of these! Might just have to order black ones
Old 08-17-2012, 03:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KeesnDawn's jk
Just curious, does anyone know if the red inserts match the flame red color or is it different? Just returned cover king covers due to poor match. Really like the looks of these! Might just have to order black ones
Call Mitch, he will probably be happy to send you a color swatch to check out.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Agreed. Good service and definitely willing to send out swatches. Get a few sample options to see what will match your set up to get exactly what you want, because looking at the quality of these, they will last a looking time. My 3 dogs, 2000 mile move, and Texas sun with trektop down with half doors haven't put a dent on them.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Really wanting a set of these balck on black with a dark purple stitching!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThwopKing
How does the cover its self feel? Its rip stop nylon correct? Is it like sitting on plastic grocery bags?
It feels similar to carheart jackets and pants.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received fabric samples today, red and black. Red is a little lighter than the flame red of the jeep, but close enough. Went to northridge and ordered black and red. Great price and free shipping! Now the wait starts....
Old 08-24-2012, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KeesnDawn's jk
Received fabric samples today, red and black. Red is a little lighter than the flame red of the jeep, but close enough. Went to northridge and ordered black and red. Great price and free shipping! Now the wait starts....
I ordered mine tonight too. Hoping it's not on back order
Old 08-28-2012, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Can't Wait

I just ordered a full set of these last week from Mitch, great guy to deal with. I am doing a custom camo interior on my 2011 Blacked out JKU. I have an all black interior with the silver trim on the door and dash, well a few months ago I had all the trim "Hydro-Dipped" in "A-Tacs" camo, came out great.

So I have been looking for some seat covers that would fit the bill, saw all the great reviews on the forum and decided to Mitch a call, after a day of checking Mitch said that his supplier had "A-tacs" and he ordered it. So I am getting custom "A-tacs" camo seat covers and the addtional coast was the upcharge for "A-tacs" it is a bit more than standard camo patterns, I think it was like 12.00

No I am waiting for the final product to show up, I can't wait to see how they look, they will be all black with "A-tacs" camo inserts in the centers.

I will post pics when I get them in.

Cheers
Old 08-28-2012, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can you post pics of the trim inside your jeep ? What is hydro dipped? Is it DIY?
Old 08-29-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I sure will as soon as I get the covers installed, I will post pics of the whole interior.

I actually just got an e-mail from Mitch last night and was told that the "A-Tacs" had arrived and they would start on my covers ASAP and have them out to me sometime next week.

To answer your question "Hydro-Dipping" or more commonly referred to has "Hydro-Graphics" is a process in which a thin film (name your pattern) is floated on water, the film is then sprayed with a chemical activator which truns the film into a liquid. The piece to be done is then literally dipped thru the film and into the water, the piece is then coated in the pattern, once dried it then sprayed with a clear coat be it high gloss, semi gloss, or flat. This by the way is how auto makers can sell you a car with "Burl-Wood" or "Rose-Wood" interior, of course it is not real wood , it has been dipped into that pattern.

If you do a Youtube or Google search for "Hydro-Graphics" you can find the complete process. They do have some DIY kits, however for me, I would leave it to the pros.

I can tell you first had that this is a great way to personalize your things, I first did it on one of my AR-15's and that is how I was turned on the process.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Trek Armor Seat Covers - First Impressions and Review