Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tread Lightly/Quadratec Floor Mats Review

Old 03-23-2010, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tread Lightly/Quadratec Floor Mats Review

I am new to the forum and the Wrangler but I just thought I would post a quick review of my new floor mats as well as what I have gathered via the forum.

I recently purchased the new Tread Lightly (a.k.a Quadratec) floor mats for my Jeep. The floor mats look great; it is indeed a pain to get the hooks through the holes for the front mats but I found it much easier just taking the OEM floor mats out. With regards to the rear fitment, I found the mats to be slightly longer. The part of the mat that goes over the 'hump' seems to have some slack and is not as flush a fit as I was hoping (i can fit my hand between the mat and the hump). However, this doesn't really bother me too much as the fit overall is fairly good. The trunk liner is great; I found the cutout for the sub to be dead on.

All in all, I am very satisfied with my purchase and have no big issues (although I have only owned them for less than 24hrs). I particularly enjoy sporting the Tread Lightly logo and what the organization stands for rather than the Quadratec logo; just personal preference. I will get some pictures up as soon as I can find my camera battery charger....

For those who are contemplating on which floor mats to get, I would highly recommend searching the forum as I did. From what I have read, here is my interpretation/conclusion:

Mopar/Jeep Mats: Look very cool but do not last long (common issue with holes wearing through the driver's mat). Also not extensive coverage of the "floor space"

Quadratec/Tread Lightly: Good mats, slightly harder rubber than the Mopars (about 2-3mm thick) and look pretty good IMO. However, some known issues of them "freezing up" during low temperatures and cracking around the edges (I have not experienced low enough temperature to test this issue).

Weather Tech: Great mats, most expensive of the bunch but also the highest rated IMO by everyone. I believe that these are the only mats that cover the space under the accelerator. Have not heard too much negative experience or any issues other than price and some shifting of the mats.

Huskys: Another great option, very durable and tough. Another bonus of there being no hole for the hooks on the front mats. Also seems to have many satisfied customer; only noted issue I read was some of the edges curling up after long and constant use.

Hopefully this helps someone; I look forward to start modding my Wrangler and hitting the trails!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Newbie here Posted in the wrong forum; could someone please move this thread to the Modified JK forum (or where it would be deemed appropriate)? Thank you!

Quick Reply: Tread Lightly/Quadratec Floor Mats Review