Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TrailMods Removable Fenders

Old 10-18-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool TrailMods Removable Fenders

hey fellas, i have a white sport and am trading someone my black hardtop for their dark khaki hardtop. i am planning on painting my fenders white, but i think the stock fenders look a little too bulky. I want a fender that looks a little sleeker than stock but not totally flat. I dont want to cut my fenders, so i can put them back on for resale value.

while searching the different sites i think i like how the trailmods look the best, and i really like the idea of being able to remove the fenders easily for trail use.

so if anyone has any experience with these fenders or any other cool ideas please help out!! i am sort of going for an older sahara look
thanks!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Subscribing. Tired of loosing the stock trimmed fenders...
Old 10-18-2011, 02:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the trailmods fenders too, but I don't think it would match up with the bumpers real well. You would need to stubby the bumpers to get that clean look.

Oh and they are expensive too!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They just lowered the price to 649 and then added a 50 mail in rebate to make it 599 .

SO not so bad.

David
Old 10-18-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I'm kinda worried about it matching... But Ill figure it out:.. And that's a relief about the price going down, even though it still is a little steep, but I guess it's better losing and buying fenders on the reg
Old 10-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Former Member

Got a set on our 2011 JK. They have that stock, but not quite stock look and get compliments on them all the time. You really get eyebrows raised when you take them off. I'm a fan.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have them on my jeep. The outer piece that comes off looks very similar to the factory fender, just 1.5 inches wider. I have seen people with a full width bumper use them and it looks ok but to each his own. I personally like the outer piece off the most with a stubby bumper. They are pricey for what is essentially plastic, but for people who live in areas with fender laws they are perfect. I trimmed my factory ones and hated the look so I got them. If you get them make sure you know how to use a nut-sert tool and if you want the inner wheel well mud guards you will save a lot of time getting them and putting them on before you tighten everything up
Old 10-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by armadaskier
If you get them make sure you know how to use a nut-sert tool and if you want the inner wheel well mud guards you will save a lot of time getting them and putting them on before you tighten everything up
This is true, however they have come up with a redesigned nutsert that screws in with an allen wrench instead of pressing in with a nutsert tool, which makes the installation *much* easier. I think this is a more secure method as well that doesn't depend on the end user being familiar enough with a nutsert tool to install them correctly.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

How wide are the inners? Do they flex?
Old 10-21-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here they are on one of our JK's.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1280.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	98.9 KB